• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Need help to repair broken system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Hello and thank you for reading my thread!
I was using a system created by Quilnez but it seems like patch 1.29 broke it. Anyone that knows a way to fix the system? It's quite a simple system, so I hope that someone out there is able to help me repair it. :)

I've attatched the map :)

Attachments

• NumbKeyEvent v1.3.w3x
    23.1 KB · Views: 30
Level 12
If you have upgraded to 1.29, would not those work for you:
JASS:
    function TriggerRegisterPlayerKeyboardEvent takes trigger whichTrigger, player whichPlayer, keyboardbutton hotkey, boolean state returns event
       //Fires when the corresponding key is pressed by the player. The keyboardbutton constants are not mentioned but should cover most common keyboard buttons. If state is true then fires when key is pressed, otherwise fires when key is released. Attaching this event causes keyboard button sync traffic from the player.
    function GetTriggerKeyboardButton takes nothing returns keyboardbutton
        //In response to player keyboard event returns which button caused the event.
    function GetTriggerKeyboardState takes nothing returns boolean
       //In response to player keyboard event returns the state that caused the event. True if it was pressed, false if released.
    function GetLocalKeyboardButtonState takes keyboardbutton whichButton returns boolean
       //Returns true if the local client has the specified keyboard button (eg arrow keys) depressed or false if released. Not net safe.
Taken from: Producer Update: Natives List

I'd guess there are GUI counterparts if you require them? Probably? Maybe ? Should be, could be, would be?
Also, for some systems/software NumPad is not a part of the keyboard, no idea if this is the case here... :|

Edit// Oh, is this for number keys, not NumPad ?? If that is the case, then there should not be aproblem... I'd guess...

Hope this helps!
-Ned

Status
Not open for further replies.