• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need help on a few things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
im making a star wars map like a hero arena kinda thing

first thing i put a model over furion so do i have to use his attack or i can i change his projectile to somthing els without having the corpse coming out(which is the problem)

second thing it says yoda is a green player but the start location is brown (the reason i need this is because i made yoda hold a lightsaber and apparently when he holds it (for it to be green) it has to match his team color, so i put him on green team but its not working)

third thing i just swiched up the players teams and one model was working fine but now it doesnt show up anymore

Level 3
first thing i put a model over furion so do i have to use his attack or i can i change his projectile to somthing els without having the corpse coming out(which is the problem)

Change Combat - Attack 1 - Projectile Art to something, but make sure it is Units - Missiles and not Units, Ability's is also possible or imported or w/e.

second thing it says yoda is a green player but the start location is brown (the reason i need this is because i made yoda hold a lightsaber and apparently when he holds it (for it to be green) it has to match his team color, so i put him on green team but its not working

Change Art - Team Color to Player 7 (green)

third thing i just swiched up the players teams and one model was working fine but now it doesnt show up anymore

Anymore details on this? And does i reappear again when you switch it back? And is it only in WE or also in-game? Because sometimes WE doesn't show models, but when you go in-game you will see them.

Edit: Hugget Sukker beat me :-(

Level 10
But hey ^ you answered more questions ;)

When models don't show in the WE it's either because 1) the path aint right, 2) because they are imported via the Campaign Editor, or 3) because WE needs to be restarted first.... ALthough, sometimes they don't show even after the WE has been restarted. If you put 'em in your War3 folder, though, they will always show.

Check the readme files that followed with the imported files, see if the paths are right for the textures especially. If there's no info, the path is usually straight foward.

Edit: or 4) because the modeller made an error.

Level 4
"Change Combat - Attack 1 - Projectile Art to something, but make sure it is Units - Missiles and not Units, Ability's is also possible or imported or w/e."

thats what i have been looking under but it still keeps coming out with a corpse

"Change Art - Team Color to Player 7 (green)"

ok hes a green player but the fixed point is still brown,idk if thats bad,but the lightsabre he wields doesnt show up...does that mean the light saber doesnt work?

"Anymore details on this? And does i reappear again when you switch it back? And is it only in WE or also in-game? Because sometimes WE doesn't show models, but when you go in-game you will see them."

im just goin to try downloading it again and see if i can make it again...its not working now, i think its the correct path cuz i copied and pasted what they said to the thing and they end up as shadows..

i suck at quoting

Last edited:
Level 4
could either of you look at it and see if you could fix it

Attachments

• star waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars.w3x
    3.9 MB · Views: 41
Level 3
Sorry i am a bit tired atm so i didn't look in to the problem of the corpse, maybe i will do so tommorow.

Your Twilek model is either corrupted or not incompatible with Warcraft III (in which case its the modelers fault).

The team color of Yoda and his lightsaber seem to be working for me.
I also fixed the portrait of Yoda.
I fixed your turn bounty on trigger.
I removed Untitled Trigger 006 and merged it with the map initilization trigger because they both had the same events and its a little more organized now:grin:

Btw one thing, your triggers are very messy.

Attachments

• star waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars.w3x
    3.9 MB · Views: 72
Level 4
Thank you very much, yeah it would be great if you could look into the corpse thing when ever you have the chance, i dont get how the twilik model became messed up, it was working..., i was trying to add cool spells to the map but i suck at that....,and yes i am a messy trigger editor, the lightsaber now works.... but its not in his hand its just on the ground with him...

Status
Not open for further replies.