• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Need Help!! I have an Issue regarding WE not starting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, my names Arkh, Anyways I have been having an issue concerning the WE for Warcraft three on my HP. I have done everything from uninstalling it and going back to battlenet and reinstalling the game to completely resetting my computer just to see if there where any conflicts between other games. Sadly, no matter what I do I still come up with the same error message that "file mss32.dll is missing, you should uninstall and reinstall the game" Sadly as much as I am a fan of battle.net playing games like WC3, StarCraft 1 and 2, Diablo, and Destiny, their tech support has been of no help to me. Is there anyone out there who can explain what to do to fix this issue? I have an HP Pav. running on Windows 10, and there appears to be scarce to no information on the internet to resolve this issue input and I ideas would be greatly appreciated! I would love to get back into making my custom campaigns.

Level 12
Have you tried replacing the missing dll file??

Just google it and usually the first result would be a download.
Or rather, look for links on MS community website for explanations or links.

regards
-Ned

Level 1
Thank you so much Ned, I have the mss32 file no issues there, however now it is giving me another error "The procedure entry point_AIL_set_3D_distance_factor@8 could not be located in the dynamic link library" Am I supposed to have some sort of compatibility program, find the source program for WE?

Level 1
Thank you all for your help. For some reason the mss32.dll allowed me to copy and paste it into WE, while I was offline? Not sure if that will help anyone who has this issue in the future but it seems to have worked just fine. Hopefully I can post something here, and actually publish my maps for others to enjoy thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.