• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Need help figuring out condition for event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am using this event, and I cant seem to figure out the condition that pertains to it.
Event-
A unit owned by player 1 (Red) Is issued an order targeting an object.

For those who are wondering, i am trying to make a henchman system similar to that of GuildWars (and NO I am not making a guildwars map) Thank you for any assistance.

Level 3
Well, the unit in question would be "Event Response - Ordered Unit", and the object would be "Event Response -Target Unit of Issued Order" if it's a unit, and "Event Response - Target Item of Issued Order" if it's an item. If you want to use the order, "Issued Order" would pertain to the order itself (attack, stop, move, ...etc)

Level 2
Okay another question...

when using the Event - A Unit comes within 'X' of Unit

How do I use a variable to represent the Unit. Because I have a Hero (Unit) variable and it does not show up in the listbox.

Level 6
well.. you could make a "dummy" for the unit.. (invisible, no model)
make a trigger that will make the dummy instantly move to the position of the variable unit every 0.07 sec (or something close)

Level 29
You would need to use another trigger and use the "Trigger - Add
New Event" action, there you can use variables.

In the original event you can't use variables.

• Trigger - Add to (Your trigger) the event (Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of Unit_Variable)

humpadumpa stop using dummys all the time ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.