• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help editing skins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Editing Skins?!?

after doing http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7061 and what it says im stuck on some steps, on step 6 AND 7 when it says
"• Then choose Convert Files, then click on BLP -> BMP, TGA or JPG (Ctrl+C)."
a window pops up IT WANTS me to open somthing, and idk what to open so i just type in random stuff and click open, then the window that wants me to SAVE
"• Save the file as a .TGA file."
it wont let me cause i get a error saying "Error opening blah blah balh" in the steps it doesnt tellme WHAT TO open now what do i open, how do i do steps 6 and 7, i need help!

[edit by Wolve]

I (sorta) answered ths question in another thread: I'll merge (combine) this thread with that one.

~ Thread merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 24
I tried, and I just can't see how this is related to World Editor. Maybe a mod will move this to the artwork section? I'm sure that the people who would know how to help you would frequent that section much more than this one.

Level 2
after doing http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7061 and what it says im stuck on some steps, on step 6 AND 7 when it says
"• Then choose Convert Files, then click on BLP -> BMP, TGA or JPG (Ctrl+C)."
a window pops up IT WANTS me to open somthing, and idk what to open so i just type in random stuff and click open, then the window that wants me to SAVE
"• Save the file as a .TGA file."
it wont let me cause i get a error saying "Error opening blah blah balh" in the steps it doesnt tellme WHAT TO open now what do i open, how do i do steps 6 and 7, i need help!

Level 32
Those steps describe the process of opening Blizzard image files (.blp) and converting them into regular images(.jpg etc.).

.blps may not be edited: one must convert them into normal images in order to edit them using normal image tools like Gimp, Photoshop, or whatever.

In those steps you are opening the skin file (blp) converting it, and saving it as an entirely new file with a different file extension like .bmp, .jpg, .tga or whatever format you want to edit the image itself in.

You must then re-convert your custom image back into a .blp and import it into your map.

Status
Not open for further replies.