• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

.tga to .blp help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi!
I downloaded Image Extractor II and followed the instructions carefully. Exported a icon and saved it as a .tga file. Opend the .tga file in psp and pasted my own icon over it. Then I saved is as a .tga file and there came this question: Because of the limitations of the specified file format (and possibly the save options you've selected), the saved file will be limited to a merged image. Would you like to continue?
I press the "yes" button.
Then I turn off psp and open Image Extractor II and so I press the open button and open the file. Then this happens: The file C:\BTNfilename.tga has an unsupported compression.
wen, where, what is the wrong I do? :cry:

Level 6
Here ill give you a step by step so it will work no matter what... open Image Extractor II open up a custom icon save it as a jpg, then open adobe photoshop, then open that custom icon that u didnt do, open yours in a different window, you need 3 pixels off of your icon... here ill show a picture to show you what i mean...
Dimenstrationthingy.JPG
now remove 3 pixels off of your icon just like how that is. select whats left of the icon and copy, then paste it on to the icon with a icon border line that you saved as a jpg before. save the image as a jpg, open microsoft photodraw, open your image. dont mess with it, it fixes itself. save it as a tga, and then go to Image Extarctor II and open up your icon, and save it as a blp file. And there you go it should work.

Level 3
are you opening image extractor from a winzipfile or just a regular file? If you are opening from a winzip file you might have some problems and to get it into a file, to open it from, you just select everything in the winzip file and extract it to a file :)

Status
Not open for further replies.