• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Need help creating an Ice Block ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Alright, the spell I'm trying to make renders the hero invulnerable like Divine Shield, but the hero cannot attack, move or cast spells while ice blocked.

I used Divine Shield as a base spell and has 2 triggers.

The first trigger basically recognizes the the hero has cast ice block and sets animation speed to 0%. It also enables the second trigger.

The second trigger is where the problem lies.

I used events...

Triggering unit is issued an order targeting a point.
Triggering unit is issued an order targeting an object.
Triggering unit is issued with no target.

Conditions...

Triggering unit is (hero).
Issued order not equal to stop.

Actions...

Order triggering unit to stop.

=============================================

Using a debug line everything is working EXCEPT for ordering the hero to stop. So basically I cast the spell, the hero becomes ice blocked as intended and stops, but if I issue an order like attack or move the hero will still do it.

And I would just use Pause/Unpause except for the fact that I want the spell to be deactivatable (which is all implemented and working fine, for the sake of simplicity I didn't include the extra trigger/lines for that part.)

Anyone know whats up?

Level 11
Don't forget that your trigger will affect all heroes on the map. That means none of the heroes will be able to move.

Try this combination:
Pause (Triggering unit)
Order (Triggering unit) to stop
Unpause (Triggering unit)

But you should do all of this with dummy abilities:
-Ensnare to make it immobile,
-one of the Panda's ability - I can't remember which one - is able to turn the ability to attack off

Level 2
Ah, when I said in condition

Triggering unit equal to (hero)

I meant (hero) is the hero casting the spell, so it only affects her. I'll try your ensnare ability, which prevents move and attack. Which panda ability are you referring to? I can only think of wind walk since invisible units don't perform actions on their own to prevent breaking ww.

Thanks for your help!

Level 2
Problem with cyclone is I'd like the hero to be able to deactivate ice block earlier than its max duration if needed simply by clicking the deactivate button (just like how you can deactivate divine shield.)

Which is the tricky part because I basically want to prevent ANY action while intuitively allowing clicking off.

I think I'll try the ensnare thing, as ensnare prevents movement, attack and interrupts spell casting. However, I'm still confused as to why simply ordering the hero to stop is not making her stop. I used a debug display text code and every part of the trigger is working except for the order.

Level 35
Why dont you just use the divine thing you started of with... and then use pause triggering unit.. wait the given amount... unpause unit.. should do just what you said and pause has been mentioned. Just adding a buff to check if he has the froze buff or not if so cuntinue pause if not unpause, so when he deactivetes ability remove buff. (_Thanks Donut, small things pass my eyes many times and I can feel stupid after for not noticing..

Last edited:
Level 2
Got it, I used the Gargoyle stone form ability, works great. Was the mana shield comment that made the light bulb go off, thanks for everyone's brainstorm, was a big help =)

Status
Not open for further replies.