• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help: Costum pathing map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I read a guide on WC3Campaigns but I can't get on there atm, keeps timing out.
Anny way fast summary.

Every pixel is the room between the grey grids (smallest) in the worldeditor. What the colors represent: 0 is walkable 255 is blocked. Red is walking, Green is air, Blue is building.

I wanted to make a pier witch is walkable, I made a pier from a bridge and made a costum pating maps so you can walk on it even if it's placed above water.
Can anyone tell me how Worldeditor and WC3 itself load the pathing map, i made the straight piers to all sides with just one map, aperently it get's turned, 0 degree being top.

Now where I need help with.
But when I made a diagonal map things got confusing. In the map you will see that some map's get turned, but when I play they aren't turned on flat surface. Even weirder when placed on a ledge they seem to be like in the world editor....

Anyone who can explain this? Maybe make a tut because making costum pathing map's is pritty useful, imo it has more possibility's then pathingblokkers.

I added my map whould be nice if people could look at it thanks :)

Attachments

• PM_Pier_ZE.tga
    1.4 KB · Views: 189
  • PM_Pier_NW.tga
    1.4 KB · Views: 77
  • PM_Pier_NE.tga
    1.4 KB · Views: 72
  • PM_Pier_horizontal.tga
    1.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Pathing test map.w3x
    34.9 KB · Views: 39
  • PM_Pier_ZW.tga
    1.4 KB · Views: 97
Level 2
okay guess I didn't ask the right question.

I want to turn a normal model into a brige at a 45 degrees angel, witch direction should my costum pathing map face?

I used the pier model witch is offset and I want it only accessible from one side. Costum pathing map was needed to make it walkeble above deep water, or is there a other way?

Last edited:
Level 24
45 degree angles are (or should be) 45 (north east), 135 (north west), 225 (south west), and 315 (south east). If you can just edit a bridge and replace the model, it should work okay.

Level 2
I know how to rotate the model i don't know hoe a custom pathing map rotates with it. the pathing map i made myself is different in game as it is in the editor.

I have to find out how to get it right with trial and error, can't find a logical explanation =/

thing is when i rotate the image of the pathing mapin gimp it seems to rotate the same way in game, but if I draw a new one it seems to be random. so is there something in the image that wc3 uses to mark its oriantation? like making a corner a diferent color?

Level 24
I think that there are built-in diagonal bridges, you can base the new diagonal bridges off of those instead of the straight ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.