• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need help ,anyone good with computers? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
so i "upgraded" from windows xp to linux urubuntu but after i did so my sound didnt work i guess its something with my soundcard , prolly drivers or something ,, anyone can help?

Sound Card : sb0670

Level 5
Ok I know this might not be of much help, but did you try to google some help for yourself

Level 5
Well sorry that I'm not of much help, but I have absolutely NO idea about linux so I can't help you

P.S for some reason I seem to be overusing the word help

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If there are no linux drivers for your sound card, throw it away and get a new one as companies will not bother making them, espcially if the card is old. And driver emulation is not as easy as software emulation.

I can recommend however going back to XP for anything that requires sound and using linux for purely graphical things. Thus why people still use windows for gaming and linux for programming in general.

It is sad thou that not all companies make sound drivers that support linux. Your only hope for linux with sound is if you find a third party driver for it for linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.