• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need community help to make this WordSearcher(from wc3sounds) software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm making this program it does what the titles says:
You type a word that u want to find from a sound in the warcraft sound list and it displays the filename with that word. The help i need is pretty simple i just dont do it alone because there are hundreds or possibly thousands of files and it would take too long to be done alone.
I just need people to help me collecting the data basically all u have to do is listen to the sound give the file name and the dialog...that in a formatted way of course , very simple, that i can explain, if anyone is willing to help.
This tool will make cinematics creation a lot easier, because theres a huge variety of dialogs that could fit in almost anything.

Here some screenshots from the first sample...containing just 8 files.
archerpissed2","archerpissed3
"ArthasPissed1", "ArthasPissed2"
"gruntpissed1", "gruntpissed2"
"acolytepissed1","acolytepissed2"

U can check how the respective files contains the text in the image
and the same with the orc file.

And the sample file is attached also so u can test by your self.
There is just one filter by race...i plan making only units sound first.. from the respective folder Sounds\Units\
then possibly include Sounds\Units\Dialogs.

Ps : when u run the program it redirects u to a page...just ignore it, its just the software tool i used to compile the program....

Attachments

• zimg1.JPG
    zimg1.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 151
  • zimg2.JPG
    zimg2.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 149
  • Wc3Dialog.zip
    41.9 KB · Views: 38
Level 3
I'm willing to help :D Just tell me what race to do :D

But when I try to run it it says that JDK is not installed properly

well i only tested this in my machine that has java installed correctly i will check it later...ok if u want to help i send u the file with the formatting
its just that each race has about 500 sounds.. can u help with undead im doing human

please keep at that formatting in the file u can make a blank one just to separate the undead
u have to watch out to not miss any "", "",
im doing like this i first see their soundlist ... then i just replace the name of the unit ...and make the changes some units have8 sounds of a type others have 5

,"muradinpissed1", "muradinpissed2", "muradinpissed3", "muradinpissed4","muradinpissed5","muradinready1", "muradinwarcry1", "muradinwhat1", "muradinwhat2", "muradinwhat3", "muradinwhat4", "muradinyes1", "muradinyes2", "muradinyes3", "muradinyes4", "muradinyesattack1", "muradinyesattack2","muradinyesattack3"

i just replace "muradin" for "knight" for example and make the changes
ty by the way
*edit*
finally being smart i extracted the sounds from the war3.mqp and im running a code to list all the files in the folders...
so now basically the only job is writing the sounds down. so if anyone help plz follow the elf attachament and i can make an exe for the code
the code generates a list like this

'HeroMoonPriestess.mdx','HeroMoonPriestessDeath1.wav','HeroMoonPriestessPissed1.wav','HeroMoonPriestessPissed2.wav','HeroMoonPriestessPissed3.wav','HeroMoonPriestessPissed4.wav','HeroMoonPriestessPissed5.wav','HeroMoonPriestessPissed6.wav','HeroMoonPriestessReady1.wav','HeroMoonPriestessWarcry1.wav','HeroMoonPriestessWhat1.wav','HeroMoonPriestessWhat2.wav','HeroMoonPriestessWhat3.wav','HeroMoonPriestessWhat4.wav','HeroMoonPriestessYes1.wav','HeroMoonPriestessYes2.wav','HeroMoonPriestessYes3.wav','HeroMoonPriestessYes4.wav','HeroMoonPriestessYesAttack1.wav','HeroMoonPriestessYesAttack2.wav','HeroMoonPriestessYesAttack3.wav','HeroMoonPriestess_Portrait.mdx','PriestessOfTheMoon.blp',

Attachments

• humanunits.txt
    12.8 KB · Views: 270
  • elfunits.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Level 3
Like this? :D

y thanks a lot did u use any program to generate the list ? u didnt have to do all by the way some units doesnt have speechs like meatwagon, destroyer , statue, gargoyle, frost
if u want export the sounds they are split into 2 mpq files, the war3local.mpq, and the war3.mqp
i almost finished elf yesterday only orc and ud left now.

Level 3
lol no, all of those were done manually :D no program, just my fingers :p

Good luck with it! Anymore help I can do?

Y thanks can you help with orc... files and dialogs. i made this program u type the directory u want and it will list all files so u just have to go to notepad and use the replace ' with " so i can just paste it. and delete the files blp and mdx... there are only 4 at max
You have to type the dir with this format just change \ to \\
example (C:\\Documents and Settings\\a\\Desktop\\Deprotect\\Work\\Units\\NightElf\\Tyrande)

i used mqp editor to open the war3.mpq and war3local.mpq u can download it here

http://www.zezula.net/download/mpqediten32.zip

the sounds are in units folder. the thing is like i said in the other post u have to open both mpqs... and then copy the sounds from the war3local to the war3.mpq folder that u extracted because some are missing.
There is an option in the mqpeditor "extract whole archive" then they will go to your installation folder(work). and just close the program after it extracts all the units folder.
Can you run the program by the way ??? you need to have java installed.

Attachments

• filesdir.zip
    56.3 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.