• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help plz with modeling tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am new to the world editor and it sounds cool to create your own models but i dont know wut tools i need and how to unzip them or extract files n all that so if u could tell me how step by ste that would be great. plz help me. :p

Level 12
Know that creating models is the hardest part of modding. It needs several programs that can be hard to find/get working and it needs loots of knowledge of how to use the programs and how to make a good model. I am not a modeller but I have tried to make a model twice and it didn't go well.

I don't understand what you mean with unziping files. Which files do you want to unzip?

Some info about tools:
wc3 File Converter
Free converter program that can be found on this site. Needed to convert mdx to mld and vice versa.

3DS Max
I heard that this is the absolutly best modelling program with the price there after. I know only the absoluty simplest uses of it.

GMax
Free modelling program. Downloaded it but never got the registration code so I have never used it.

Blender
Just heard that it is a free modelling program.

Milkshape
Easy to learn and use modelling program but can be tricky to get the models to the right format. But this program has a very bad bad thing... It lacks snap. Every thing is done by your own hand precision. Quite hell annoying yes.

wc3 veiwer
Free program from this site. Used to convert texutres to different formats. Can also be used to view models and texures.

Check sticky threads in the modelling forum and tutorials in the tutorial section.

Status
Not open for further replies.