• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need coders for my RPG Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Need coders for Amazing RPG

What does my map involve you ask?

Nostalgia ORPG is a game designed at still being playable with todays small warcraft 3 community while providing a massive challenge for todays veterans of warcraft.
Inspired by iconic warcraft 3 games like defi4anc3's ORPG and Epic Boss Fights it is meant to merge the styles of both in to something greater than either could be alone.

-Nostalgia ORPG is a 3-4 Player Dungeon focused ORPG requiring a Tank, a Healer, and a DPS in order to complete very difficult and punishing encounters.
-The game contains 12 playable classes currently with more planned in the future all fitting certain niche roles. (Tank, Dps, Heals.)
-In total the game has 10 open world zones and 6 dungeons each containing 4-5 scripted boss fights as well as a PVP arena.
-Every boss fight will require using your brain to figure out its unique strategy and perfecting it in order to complete the battle as well as relying on teamwork.
-The game will contains hundreds of items as well as Class specific Legendary Items only acquired from the final bosses of max level dungeons.
-Every class can reach a maximum level of 60 and has 4 main abilities as well as an important crowd control ability and a potion bag. The game contains cast bars to show the progress of your spell casting allowing you to decide to attempt to finish a cast or cancel to avoid danger. Healers also have Dispel as an extra ability and Tanks have Taunt.
In order to do even basic fights you will be forced to coordinate your crowd control abilities with your team in order to mitigate damage with more advanced fights requiring coordination, dispels, proper placement and timing.

Here are the classes split by Role:
(More classes are planned in the future.)

Tank:
Mage Knight
Crusader
Shadow Knight
Beastmaster

Damage Dealer:
Shadow Knight
Berserker
Trickster
Necromancer
Arcanist
Enchantress

Healers:
Cleric
Shaman
Druid

What do I need from a coder?
If you are able to do any of the following I would love to hear from you!

- Save / Load System
- Experience System
- Loot table system
- Checking triggers for leaks (In final version)

What is completed so far?

Almost everything
Around 20 of 25+ boss fights are ready (The rest are designed and will be ready soon.)
Classes are done outside of balancing
Terrain is 100% done
Around 30% of the games items are complete (About 70 done so far.)

Here are some screenshots :)
(I am terrible at taking them and do the game no justice.)

eWqJ0IV.jpg

bMjuItb.jpg

sAYzQZu.jpg

MccwHlK.jpg

QDYQdzd.jpg

Qoz0Jve.jpg

pPrYmnX.jpg

uVdXnly.jpg

sINmHfx.jpg

So what needs completing?

Well mostly just balancing, items and the stuff I need your help with!

Please join me, in the quest for Nostalgia! We're so close!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.