• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Cinematic help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How do you skip cinematics? Like, when you press Escape and then the entire cinematic ends. Please help!

Level 5
I like do do it like this:

Create a new trigger, for example lets call it End Cinematic. Set it to initially off, i do this to save memory.

Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
Conditions
Actions
Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
Cinematic - Enable user control for (All players)
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

At the beggining off the main cinematic i do a Trigger - Turn on End Cinematic <gen> and at the end i do a Trigger - Turn off End Cinematic <gen> so that when the cinematic trigger has run through it will turn off the end cinematic trigger.

Level 2
Hmm... I tried that, but the transmissions from the units continue to flash across the screen.

Level 2
Cinematic
Events
Conditions
Actions
Trigger - Turn on End Cinematic <gen>
Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
Cinematic - Fade out over 2.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
Camera - Apply Camera 001 <gen> for Player 2 (Blue) over 0.00 seconds
Cinematic - Fade in over 2.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
Camera - Apply Camera 002 <gen> for Player 2 (Blue) over 100.00 seconds
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Varimathras 0000 <gen> named Varimathras: Play No sound and display I grow tired of wai.... Modify duration: Add 1.50 seconds and Wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Sylvanas 0001 <gen> named Sylvanas: Play No sound and display Silence, Dreadlord..... Modify duration: Add 2.00 seconds and Wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Sylvanas 0001 <gen> named Sylvanas: Play No sound and display I believe that Arth.... Modify duration: Add 2.00 seconds and Wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Varimathras 0000 <gen> named Varimathras: Play No sound and display True... though your.... Modify duration: Add 1.50 seconds and Wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Sylvanas 0001 <gen> named Sylvanas: Play No sound and display It is a neccessary .... Modify duration: Add 1.50 seconds and Wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Sylvanas 0001 <gen> named Sylvanas: Play No sound and display Believe me... we'll.... Modify duration: Add 1.50 seconds and Wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Varimathras 0000 <gen> named Varimathras: Play No sound and display On that note, the c.... Modify duration: Add 2.00 seconds and Wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Varimathras 0000 <gen> named Varimathras: Play No sound and display Also, the secret en.... Modify duration: Add 1.00 seconds and Wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Varimathras 0000 <gen> named Varimathras: Play No sound and display With any luck, thes.... Modify duration: Add 1.00 seconds and Wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Sylvanas 0001 <gen> named Sylvanas: Play No sound and display Very well. I'm plac.... Modify duration: Add 1.50 seconds and Wait
Unit - Order Sylvanas 0001 <gen> to Move To (Center of Region 000 <gen>)
Wait 2.00 seconds
Unit - Make Sylvanas 0001 <gen> face Varimathras 0000 <gen> over 0.00 seconds
Unit - Make Varimathras 0000 <gen> face Sylvanas 0001 <gen> over 0.00 seconds
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Sylvanas 0001 <gen> named Sylvanas: Play No sound and display Oh... and one more .... Modify duration: Add 1.50 seconds and Wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Sylvanas 0001 <gen> named Sylvanas: Play No sound and display If you fail, you di.... Modify duration: Add 1.50 seconds and Wait
Unit - Order Sylvanas 0001 <gen> to Move To (Center of Region 001 <gen>)
Wait 2.00 seconds
Cinematic - Fade out over 2.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
Unit - Remove Sylvanas 0001 <gen> from the game
Cinematic - Fade in over 2.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
Camera - Reset camera for Player 2 (Blue) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
Trigger - Turn off End Cinematic <gen>

Level 2
Perhaps somebody might provide a map that would allow me to see how the cinematic-skipping thing was done firsthand?

Level 10
1. Post your triggers always in [t rigger][/trigger-Tags.
2. Now let's see what you have. A cinematic timed with waits. Skipping that ingame works totally different than turning off the trigger.
- You need a boolean variable named e.g. CinematicSkipped
- Add the following trigger:
  • Skip
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set CinematicSkipped = true
      • -------- Fade out... --------

- Now, after every wait add the following actions:
  • If/Then/Else (multiple functions)
    • Conditions
      • (CinematicSkipped Equal To true)
    • Then-Actions
      • Skip remaining actions
      • -------- run cleanup --------
That should do what you want; just forget what chaoticalism told you. Turning triggers on and off just sets if the events fire or are ignored, it does not influence running actions at all (e.g. cancel them).

Status
Not open for further replies.