• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need a Terrainer for a RPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Well i just began on a new rpg.
The tilesets are: Dalaran Ruins and Barrens.
So: i need someone to help me with terraining, cuz im noob at it...
Rules:
The map may be as big as you want.
There should be a lot of undead areas with bright (?) and such.
You shouldnt probaly start in a city.
You may use 400 bytes custom doodad models (MAX!)
Additional Info:
I have imported some tiles:
Barrens Desert instead of Dirt.
A dark grey Dalaran Ruins Cliff, made of Lightmote. (Wc3c)
A gray grass tile, made of DanL. (Wc3c)
Also, if you want a example to the terrain i havent any. But you should know, i like the terrain in "True Chaos RPG" very much.

You may also edit the terrain, but remember the theme should be barrens and Cityscape Ruins.

Please come with ideas to different places^^ (Mabye some plains and a forest etc.)
If you will help me, please say it.
Dont upload the terrain in this thread, or some noob would probaly steal it... :slp:

Download: View attachment RPGThingy.w3x

EDIT: What i also could need is a name to it. Mabye also someone to trigger, first when some of the terrain is done ofc.
EDIT2: Edited the download, now it got a grass tile for the cityscape. This should also be used to the undead areas.

Last edited:
Level 4
some things that I think would be usefull to us:
How many players?
Have you got a story yet?
Also... some info on what you
are making the RPG like

btw.. I'm not sayin yes just yet (I'm not sure u'd want me 4 ur terain n e way:wink:) but i'll take a look and perhaps show you what I make of it...

Level 10
Hehe ok :)

I dont know how many players - mabye 1, mabye 8. Finding out of something^^
I havent any story
And i havent any info about it
As sad: i began on it 2 hours ago >_<
EDIT: sorry 3½...

Level 17
That doesn't make any sense, you worked on a map 3 hours, then you want help?

Finish the map, then we can help you with terrain.

Level 17
Wow.

Atleast try to inspire us.

You obviously missed my point, i said: You worked on the map for like 3 hours, then you come here and recruit?

Atleast give us some basic forms of what you would like, IE make landscape, with barriers, and suchs.

Level 10
Uh oh... I didnt worked on the map i planned it 4 hours ago, and then i played World of Warcraft and Counter Strike LOL

But ehm ok:
You should start in a small camp thingy
There should be some small areas outside, mabye a forest, a small desert, a cave etc.
You may desing everything in this map as you want. It just got to be playable.
After this, there should come some regions, where the undead has entered...
Now a second city, it should be bigger, and (Mabye) builded in cityscape terrain.
Then, a very big plain or desert.
Then, the "Dark Fortress" (Muahaha^^) Another "Undead Place"
A little area here too
The last city, think it should be barrens tileset
Some more small forests and some undead regions.
And the the SECOND "Dark Fortress" (MUHAHAHA!^^) that should be the last area.

(Im sorry, there isnt so many diffrent tiles)
This is like i want it to be. It may be changed of course.
If it was not that you would know, explain it on another way >_<

Well, i would try to create some of it myself... lets see if it becomes good or bad^^

BTW post some screenies, if you created some terrain :)

EDIT: Screenie of the start :D

start.png

Last edited:
Level 4
I hate objecting and triggering such, when there is no terrain...

Fair enough... now i see why you have come here to ask us for terain:wink:

But as for a story... i'v got a couple in mind. If you like this one, feel free to use it (wouldn't mind some rep or credits 4 it tho:thumbs_up:) but anyway, here goes.

I think that this story would be better for just up to 4 or so players... more wouldn't ruin the story or nuthin but I just believe that this might be better.

The story is set in Kalimdor(Spelling?) quite a long while after 'The founding of duratar' campaign and the scourge has spread throughout the area. This was allowed to hapen because the orcs and humans of Kalimdor waged war on eachother, preventing them from properly defending from the undead, commanded by the lich king.
The ruined cities are human cities that were destroyed by the undead, and have only deteriated more over the years, (the cities will be locations of quests and must be full of zombies:grin: and undead).
The ruins would also be good for small tower outposts (in the barrens desert) and sewers beneath the cities.
Kalimdors survivors are living in mountain villages and camps(one of which, you start in) and consist of a number of races;Humans, orcs, night elfs, tauren and possibly centours (altough i think that they would make a better enemy). There could also be a small number of stronghold fortresses being sieged by undead that it could be your job to help defend at some point.
I think that you need water in the desert, otherwise you die (you can buy flasks and fill them at springs through out the desert). Also, maybe you would have to sleep and stay warm in the deserts freezing cold night time environment (which coud also be used in dungeons underground).

Temperature -Upkeep
Energy - Mana (to affect your combat profisioensy when ur low energy)
Hydration - Food

Out of the three, temperature would be the one that I would ignore...

I think that the RPG needs a specific story line to follow, one that also keeps the players working together to complete (not just standing around in a creep spawn zone getting money to buy the best weapon) so the quest must be engaging for the players, although they are not 'forced' to participate (meaning they do still have a choice or not whether to do the main quest)
This is also why only 4 players would be effective, as it will make the game more personal.

I think that this is the story that I would use but anyone else is welcome to try it out also

Level 4
Oh and btw, I can't add any screenies yet cos i'm having internet trouble (this comp is someone elses) so i'll show you some of my ideas later when i can.

Level 10
Good story. Mabye i will edit a little on it^^
Im going to ignore the "Energy" because you need mana to cast your spells^^
I dont understand that you wrote with "Dungeons" (Ofc i know what a dungeon is)
I think, there shall also only be 4 players.
Creeps respawns slowly, you cant just stand and camp them.
Only some bad items can be brought, the best is dropped.
You can finish the quests yourself, but it would be hard alone.
The best items in ofcourse dropped of the best bosses, which you need 3-4 players to kill.
BTW: It will be a save/load rpg.

Huurka: sorry, im to lazy to delete the trees LOL. Just do it yourself (Muhaha)

Level 3
Good story. Mabye i will edit a little on it^^
Im going to ignore the "Energy" because you need mana to cast your spells^^
I dont understand that you wrote with "Dungeons" (Ofc i know what a dungeon is)
I think, there shall also only be 4 players.
Creeps respawns slowly, you cant just stand and camp them.
Only some bad items can be brought, the best is dropped.
You can finish the quests yourself, but it would be hard alone.
The best items in ofcourse dropped of the best bosses, which you need 3-4 players to kill.
BTW: It will be a save/load rpg.

Huurka: sorry, im to lazy to delete the trees LOL. Just do it yourself (Muhaha)

you know that it is a very big job and will take 3-4 days (minimal)

Level 4
Well, most good RPGs take longer than that but it is worth it for a good map.
I especially think that the RPG genre needs more quality as so many are just constantly killing creeps to buy the best items...

anyway I can't w8 to show you my city entrance:thumbs_up:
I'll upload when I get my internet back.
Also, I think I have a good forge system (a furnace where you can make item combos:wink:) so i'll show you that too

Status
Not open for further replies.