• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RPG Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
These screenies are for an RPG that I'm helping to make, but you're all welcome to look at them and rate/comment them...

one more....

just a few short descriptions of each pic....
Pic 1 and 2 - are the same area, the bridge entrance to the west of the city.
The enemies that I could imagin here are wild dogs, feasting on
scraps of meat or some skeletal warriors and necromancers.
What I like about this area is the mote(sp?) or the water
either side of the bridge. On one side, the water has stopped
flowing and the tributary has become overgrown while the
otherside shows you how it should look...(definatelylooks
better in motion too:thumbs_up:)
Pic 3 - is the area just beyond the bridge entrance area.
Note the collapsed wall and the exposed water pipe (and my
attention to detail:wink:). This is the sort of area that you would
encounter swarms of zombies...
Pic 4 - is a tavern/pub to the north of a parkland area (the fountain is at
the top of that). Not much to say bout this one:gg:.
Pic 5 - Shows some of my barrens terrain skills and I love that waterfall:grin:.
I suppose I need to make a few pics of barrens w/o water but i can
do that later...
Pic 6 - The final pic is the cathedral/graveyard and i could definately see
somekind of quest or event here though I think this is one of my
worst terrained areas.... but tell me what you think.

Attachments

• RPG 06.jpg
    RPG 06.jpg
    717.6 KB · Views: 425
  • RPG 01.jpg
    RPG 01.jpg
    712.8 KB · Views: 405
  • RPG 02.jpg
    RPG 02.jpg
    710.2 KB · Views: 347
  • RPG 03.jpg
    RPG 03.jpg
    877.1 KB · Views: 594
  • RPG 04.jpg
    RPG 04.jpg
    853 KB · Views: 315
  • RPG 05.jpg
    RPG 05.jpg
    689.4 KB · Views: 282
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
oh, ty for all the wonderful support but this IS for a game, not for any of those sad excuses for art terrain that you make (no offense ,cos they look awesome) but ye, it has gotta be playable and besides.... I never said that I was any good:hohum: just gotta show the map maker some ideas for the map but feedback is feedback....

Level 34
Void is correct. Use the Edit button instead of triple posting. If you had read the rules before posting, you would have known this. Always read site rules for all forums. Next time will be punishable.

Level 4
Void is correct. Use the Edit button instead of triple posting. If you had read the rules before posting, you would have known this. Always read site rules for all forums. Next time will be punishable.

LOL, ty, but I didn't realise when I first made it that I could add more pics onto one post... not until i had to edit one of the screenies (spotted a flaw on the first pic in the walls that yu could only see from some angles).

Does just show how much I lack experience in the terrain section:hohum:

Anyhow, I think some height variation would do this terrain very well. Very flat and sad.

Flatness is always the problem with human cities like this... but don't worry, I do pay attention to the 'relief' of my landscape and I do have more hilly terrain in the city( that park that I have mentioned under the tavern Pic) but i didn't take the screenie cos it is only half finished (and it was daytime and it didn't look as good as night :xxd:)

Status
Not open for further replies.