• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Something's A'miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well , im going to make a kind of "rpg" game but with only saveable scores and scores to buy heroes and such , but no matter that , i made this "church" or "temple" type of thing with doodas , ive tweaked and worked and got it as i liked , but i feel like something's amiss at 2 places , the center floor and the sides of a big "entrance" with a portal in the middle here's the tumbnails.

Bild6.jpg

Bild5.jpg

Bild4.jpg

Bild3.jpg

Bild2.jpg

Bild1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 36
doom and spoontoobig, stop being asses and give some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. In any case, rather than saying that it looks bad, I would say it looks unfinnished, with some potential. As Therewolf mentioned, you should try to fill up empty spots with interesting stuff, guessing this is supposed to be the inside of the temple? Anyways, if you really do need to have those spaces open for gameplay purposes, at least add some tile-work or some doodading that can do WITH units walking over them, like skeletons or something.

Level 18
im not asses and most of my posts in the terrain forum are good. (in my opinion) and now to get a good post since keiji doesnt agree with it.

Your terrain needs a lot of work its flat and most of all boring maybe add som trees and rocks and make it look intresting and play a bit with height.

Status
Not open for further replies.