• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need a skilled Triggerer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi! I need a skilled triggerer to do some triggers for my map: world of Azgarn.

The triggers i need are:

*A bagpack system,that needs to be able to hold at least 20 items.

* A hearthstone system, so if you buy a certain item you set a certain town to your home.

* A save/load that can save: Hero, level, gold, items, the bagpack items, hometown.

It would be good if this is in GUI, otherwise put in a tutorial how to add the map heroes and items to the save/load if it's JASS.

Thanks in advance:grin:

PM me the triggers or put them here or send it to my mail:
[email protected]

Level 1
I think you should of posted this theme not here, but into Triggers section. Yes, there's a special section for triggers. Not into the Requests forum.

And I don't think you should've posted even into Triggers section - into World Editor Help Zone.
Actually this belongs to Project Recruitment in the Map development Section.

Ignore this Pelsen. I used report post button & it will be moved soon.

Level 11
Ok, here are some tips for you how to make your requested features.
Backpack system: you can use a scrollable multiboard with cursor. Here, take my old project and find that scrollable full-functional multiboard in it. Don't forget to edit it, as it more represents an engine-like umm err just open the map ok, I don't remember already much about it.
As Hearthstone system you can use a variable which indicates a unit. When you trigger something, your hero is teleported to that unit's position.
The VARIABLEOFTYPE_UNIT is set in some other trigger which runs this trigger checking its conditions.
  • Mark a town
  • Events
  • Conditions
    • Unit classification (can be found in boolean conditions) of VARIABLEOFTYPE_UNIT is a Hero Equal to True
  • Actions
    • Set VARIABLEOFTYPE_UNIT_N2[(Player Number of (Owner of (VARIABLEOFTYPE_UNIT)))] = Town Hall 0567 <gen>
  • Teleport to a location after death
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit dies
  • Conditions
    • (Dying unit) is a Hero Equal to True
  • Actions
    • Hero - Revive hero at (Position of (VARIABLEOFTYPE_UNIT_N2[(Player Number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])
    • or
    • Unit - Move Instantly
Save/Load system is based on text that you enter. Here's the most basic one:
  • Load a hero
  • Events:
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing (empty string) as a substring
  • Conditions:
    • Length of (Entered chat string) Greater than 1
    • Substring 1,1 of (Entered chat string) Equal to "-"
  • Actions:
    • If (Substring 2,2 of (Entered chat string) Equal to Q) then do (Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at center of playable map area facing default building facing degrees) else do (If (Substring 2,2 of (Entered chat string) Equal to J) then do (Create 1 Knight at for Player 1 (Red) at center of playable map area facing default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
    • If (Substring 3,3 of (Entered chat string) Equal to 1) then do (Create an item of type Ring of Protection +1 and give it to (Last Created Unit)) else do (If (Substring 3,3 of (Entered chat string) Equal to 9) then do (Create an item of type Ring of Protection +2 and give it to (Last Created Unit)) else do (Do nothing)
So when you type -Q1 you spawn a footman with ring of protection +1. But that's an awful save/load system as you'll have to work on it for the rest of your life in case if you're planning to make a map with wide variety of heroes and items.
A good save/load system would be the one using object's raw names. As the entered chat string would be too long then and not have enough place to be typed, the save/load can use only first two letters of the raw name of an object. This feature will require use of JASS or custom script, but that's still pretty simple.

EDIT2: I've found an other old project with a bit different and more advanced scrollable multiboard.

Attachments

• Lords of the Realm.w3x
    3.3 MB · Views: 79
  • RPG.w3x
    295.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Level 10
U coud do something like this for HS system:

Event:
Unit - A unti Uses an Item

Conditions:
Item - Item Being Manipulated (or something like that) equal to (item)

Action:
Set (point Variable) = The place where the city is or some thing

Something like that:p and you shoud make a Spell called Hearth Stone or something and do this:

Event:
Unit - A unit starts the Effect of an Abillity

Conditions:
Abillity being used Equal to (hearthstone)
Triggering Unit is A Hero equal to True

Action:
Unit: Move(instantly) to (the Point Variable)

:smile: Hope it helped:) :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.