1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Need a advnaced save/load system

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Pelsen, May 3, 2009.

1. Pelsen

Pelsen

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi! I'm making a rpg called World of Azgarn. It got a save/laod in it but it's not good enough for me since I need one that's simillar to the one BOESERTEDDY uses in Ragos ORPG. In it you can save a hero on the main map and load it with the same item and level on another map(for example a raid map) I'm wondering if it's possible to do this with a normal save/load, just by using the same Object datas or do i need a special save/load. If i need a special save/load i hope someone can make it and post it in this thread or mail to to me: p-elsen@hotmail.com.

Thank you
    /Pelsen

2. kevv2

kevv2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, if u program 2 save/load with the same units on the same variables etc. it is posible to cross-map
    :p

3. Reaper2008

Reaper2008

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You just need a game cache, and save/load commands to store/restore units. If you want PM me, and i'll make one for you.

4. jadegolem

jadegolem

Resources:
    Resources:
    game caches aern't that simple dude(to me it is) it bugs alot as i tried using it once to cross map save :D. it didn't work too well, as i chose a level 5 orc grunt on one map and i got a level -125320402340302432error orc grunt on the other map with atleast
    -5312321 of each attribute. sure enough, he died in 5 seconds.

5. kevv2

kevv2

Resources:
    Resources:
    but i taught - meant over 1000000000000 O_O

6. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Forget game cache if you are making a multiplayer map.
    Game cache save/loading only works in single player.

7. dimasa3

dimasa3

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I THINK that you just have to copy the items, heroes and the code to another map. it save and load with the same code on both maps... i think. Its just a theory because I SUCK AT CACHE =(

8. Ricardo Irving

Ricardo Irving

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uh... Thought you could use cache in multiplayer?

9. Nestharus

Nestharus

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You cannot use gamecache in multiplayer.

There are many save/load systems out there that are very easy to use including one's made by Vex, Acehart, and Pipeline just to name a few. These can save any given integer and retrieve them. Some of them even show you how you might save things like gold, lumber, items, a hero, and so on : ).

If you want even easier, there are ones that are very constraining with little power where all you have to do is modify some variables : ) (very fast and easy), but these can't be customized and probably won't do what you need.

If you want to make your own, all you need to know is basic mathematics (base conversion) =). From here you can put whatever you want into it : p.

But if you do take the time to look, there are a lot out there that can do exactly what you want.