• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need a advnaced save/load system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi! I'm making a rpg called World of Azgarn. It got a save/laod in it but it's not good enough for me since I need one that's simillar to the one BOESERTEDDY uses in Ragos ORPG. In it you can save a hero on the main map and load it with the same item and level on another map(for example a raid map) I'm wondering if it's possible to do this with a normal save/load, just by using the same Object datas or do i need a special save/load. If i need a special save/load i hope someone can make it and post it in this thread or mail to to me: [email protected].

Thank you
/Pelsen

Level 7
game caches aern't that simple dude(to me it is) it bugs alot as i tried using it once to cross map save :D. it didn't work too well, as i chose a level 5 orc grunt on one map and i got a level -125320402340302432error orc grunt on the other map with atleast
-5312321 of each attribute. sure enough, he died in 5 seconds.

Level 31
You cannot use gamecache in multiplayer.

There are many save/load systems out there that are very easy to use including one's made by Vex, Acehart, and Pipeline just to name a few. These can save any given integer and retrieve them. Some of them even show you how you might save things like gold, lumber, items, a hero, and so on : ).

If you want even easier, there are ones that are very constraining with little power where all you have to do is modify some variables : ) (very fast and easy), but these can't be customized and probably won't do what you need.

If you want to make your own, all you need to know is basic mathematics (base conversion) =). From here you can put whatever you want into it : p.

But if you do take the time to look, there are a lot out there that can do exactly what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.