• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need a model modified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello guys... ive expended the last 1:30 hours trying to find a model in the model section to ask the creator of the model to modify this for me or to ask him if he gives permission for somebody else to do it for me... but i couldnt find the model either its creator :/

actually what i need to do with this model is kinda silly and simple but i cant do it my self because i have no idea :S

here is a pick of the model
Dibujo-3.jpg

as you can see ... the bigger yellow thingy model is way too up and leaves the legs out of the sphere... basically what i need is to lower the attachment point a bit so that it fits the unit betterView attachment BigYellowOrbShield.mdx

and if somebody wants to do me a favor i want to test how would it look like if its a little bit more transparent (so that the unit is more visible inside the bubble)... 2 version (one only with the attachment lowered and another with the attachment lowered and a bit more transparent also)

i hope somebody can do it (in spite the fact that the owner didn't gave me permission... i've looked through the 166 pages of approved models and couldnt find it :S... also looked for unapproved and directors cut and everything that came to my mind with no luck:/)

thx in advance

EDIT: Guys sry ive forgotten to add an important file :/... here it goes

Attachments

• OrbShield.blp
    8.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Level 11
attachment=chest

oops! missed by one forum :/ sry about that

can you make a version for me whith 50 to 90% transparency? because i dont know which will look better... i want something like a faint glow in the hero rather than a protective shield

Level 11
you mean reescale it to fit the attachent point? coz the size i think its ok... in that picture there are 2 kinds of shields... one is bigger than the other. i only posted here the bigger one coz thats the one i need :p

about the alpha thingy... well thats up to you coz i have no idea :p

Level 12
Try this it might help

If you own the war3 Model Editor... (in tools)
If it is a particle emitter (which it looks like) find it in the node manager, edit it,and lower its alpha ( under the colors) That should fix your transperency.
If you go into the model viewer on the tool, select the verices, and translate them down (type in some thing like -5 on the z-axis to start. Leave rest at zero.do this until satified) and i think model will be lower, with the attachment point.
One lat thing, who does this model belong to? Make sure to give him credit, and the guy who helps you( you do not have to do all the sugestions but the guy who actually does it for you.)

Level 11
i could lower the attachment point of it (making a few mistakes in the process :p) but still i cant make it more transparent... it seems that there are no particles (as rizz said)... the creator of the model is jetfanginferno at wc3c thats why i didnt find them here :p

hope that any of you guys can make it more transparent for me (or teaching me how to do it would be even better ^^)

EDIT: i tried contacting jetfang but he didnt reply me :/

Level 11
yes i could lower it, and i think i could make it more transparent using milkshape but i have no idea on how to remake it mdx :/

ill take a look at that staff's effect ^^

PS: i tried reconverting it from milkshape but the texture changed to a building texture or something like that :S i have no clue

Level 12
Is the material transparent to begin with?
If not, try this.....
Use the war3 model editor, (that i showed u last time) and go into the material palette thingy. Click on materials, until u find one that has the skin u wanna make see through. Explore the material setting a little bit, until you find one little pop-down menu. It should say something like TRANSPARENT or ADD ALPHA or BLEND. Try switching it to something like ADDITIVE or ADD ALPHA. (If u pick add alpha play with the alpha number a bit.)
It should make it more transparent like. If u try it and it still doesnt work, just pm me, and ill actually take a look at the model.

Level 11
@vosty: after 1 hour of trying i could accomplish what i wanted thanks a lot vosty =D

@warden13: you lowered the attachment a bit but check that there are 2 bones that float weirdly (now i know those are bones ¬¬ it took me 45 minutes)

@ikillforeyou: thx for willingness (?) to help me ^^

EDIT: for those who wants to know how it ended... here is the result

Attachments

• GoldenArmor.mdx
    5 KB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.