• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need a free-MMORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I believe Guild Wars is free to play... but you have to buy the discs for like $20-$30 and the story ends.

Level 10
I have played dungeonrunners and it's pretty good, but I stopped in order to w8 untill the PvP is added. Also Guild Wars is one of my favorites. but I've been playing fro about a year so...

What about LastChaos? Is it good? Have you played? Is it FREE?

Level 21
Anarchy Online is free, unless you buy the expansions. It's sci fi however
Rappelz, Silkroad online, Dungeon Runners, Last chaos, all free mmorpgs.

However, they all have huge problems:
Silkroad online is a few wasted gig on your harddrive because you'll NEVER (trust me, never!!) get on a server as they're always crowded.
Rappelz... I've played it but I suddenly couldn't login anymore because my PW was never right for odd reasons... I even changed it with email and still didn't work. Then I posted it at their forums and apparently half the players were experiencing that. Even more funny was the fact that the forum account/PW is the exact same as the playaccount, and yet I couldn't login on the game.
Dungeon Runners is... utterly... boring...
same goes for last chaos, which is probably even worse.
Anarchy online however is a paying mmo that nobody was playing until they decided to make it free (except for the expansions). Since then more and more people started playing, and as it was a paying mmo, it implies it's somehow more professional... Out of all mmo's I played, I liked this one the most. I even considered buying the expansions, which is quite a surprise if you know me.

But then again, after all I don't like most mmorpgs as it's basically boring farming... I never got the point of that... when you're lvl 1, you go to that dungeon and you stay til you're 25. then you go to that dungeon till you're 60, then you go to that place till you're 80, etc. That way, you'll never actually see anything of the gameworld, but hey, everybody is there, so if you want to team (which is imo an important aspect of the MMO) you'll be forced to go to the same places all over and over again...
And the quests!! Jezus christ! all those mmo's mentioned share 1 thing: they ALL have the same missions: kill 30 boars, gather 10 boarfeather, kill 20 boars and 5 larger boars, and that's about it...

If you really want to play a mmorpg (which, after reading my post, I decided I no longer want to), go for a paying one, it's not worth your time otherwise...

Level 10
Space cowboy is fun, because its sci-fi and is more of an action game then a point and click bore fest. Its free, but also has a large DL file. Its about a 1 gig dl.
You get new weapons for your "Gear" which is what they call the plane thing you control. Upgrades, armor. Like other RPG's, only you drive the Gear in live action, and not just sit and watch your guy fight. I played it, its pretty fun.

You can DL it here:
http://sco.gpotato.com/sub/media/client.php

Voyage century online is also a fun free to play mmo. Its also a 1 gig DL, but even on weaker coms it has suprisingly good graphics. Its a nautical RPG, meaning its about ships and pirates and such. Its fun, huge areas to explore but you might be different but i got bored of it after a month.

http://www.voyagecenturyonline.com/

Those are the only "mmorpg" things that i ever tried, and they were pretty fun for a while.

Im not really a fan of the whole rpg thing so it was mostly Space cowboy i was playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.