1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Neatherland Conflict v0.34a

Submitted by Zacharias
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Neatherland Conflict v0.34a
Rise of the Shadows

Neatherland Conflict is an AoS-type map with improvements to make gameplay faster and more thrilling. Basicly there were 3 lanes and 6 flags, which can be captured, giving you an additional gold income, as well as a teleporterstation.
The item recipes are logic, no need for studing those the rest of your life.

Provides:
- 35 well built heros (i focus more on well built heros then on masses of boring ones) with
- 136 different 5 ary abilities
- 68 unique items
- 6 captureable flags
- 7 professions

Some more detailed information:
- newly developed item-recipe-system: raw materials (drop from creeps) -> basic items -> magical/rare items
- many hero- and item-abilities where programmed in jass, therefore they are unique and tactical ambitious
- internal delay damage/delay effect system supporting the map with incredible effects (test e.g. The Oracle to get an example ;) )

Type "-help" in game to get usefull information about modes, gameplay etc...!
- Info: map is protected -

Social group:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/group.php?groupid=470l

Changelog v0.34a

New:
  • Fear: affected units now flee
Fixed:
  • Improved performance of Flee-system
  • Shadow coming over you: buff now decays
  • Flags can´t be captured by dead units anymore
  • Reactivated siege timer
Balance:
  • Priests won´t heal themselfes anymore
  • Dawnblade: now costs 2800 gold
  • Decreased gold income for flags by 33%
Changelog v0.34

New:
  • New Hero: Nightstalker (agility based hit and run caster)
  • Placed two more Smiths and Armories in the map
Fixed:
  • Removed debug msg: "unberserk"
  • Fixed golem spawn
  • Fied Teleporters
  • Fixed tooltip: unholy helmet
  • Blood God dmg issue
  • Removed leaking parts in the system
  • Basic items will now give back gold if ingredients are not met
Balance:
  • Creep drop rate increased by approx. 40%

CREDITS:

Made by Zacharias
Additional material: General Frank, crazyrussian, kelthuzad, donut3.5, happytauren, JetFangInferno, rondo, EnetheruAnuon, Daelin, DonDustin, Anachron, Pyramidhe@d, The_Silent, Illidan(Evil)X, james duckett, xlaz, WILLTHEALMIGHTY, olofmoleman, 67chrome, Mr.Goblin, Seung-Bum, Lee(Korean), Darky29

Keywords:
Neatherland Conflict, Neatherland, Neather, DotA, SMota, zacharias, AoS, aon of strife, hero, hero defence, flags, epic, items
Contents

Neatherland Conflict v0.34a (Map)

1. Skizzik

Skizzik

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i hate these things, everybody that makes an AoS makes an name similar to dota like gota, gotas, COTA, etc...but him have used an outpost this is a different thing

2. Hashinshin

Hashinshin

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't get a person to join this with that name :-/

Can you change it to something different ? Crusade of the not-ancients ?

3. Zacharias

Zacharias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  4. Hashinshin

Hashinshin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just keep working away. Get all heroes innate abilities. I do like how each hero's abilities are strong rather than having 1 great, 1 meh, and 1 useless ability with either underpowered or overpowered ultimate backing you up. (in other maps, your map is not like this.)

The items work good too, the upgrades aren't significant and won't impact the game and ruin it like they do others (+200 damage with +150% attack speed insta-gib maps = bleck...)

I did post in your thread on this map, I think the marine is blatantly overpowered, I think the archer is either OK or not OK depending on if you're gonna raise everyone else's damage to meet hers. I will repeat, the marine is just wayyyy over the top. His damage through summons and and abilities trumps everyone.

I had an ally with the drain life spell hero (can't remember it's name for the life of me) but it was ... pretty much not worth casting. His hero has a whole was kinda eh. The life-chain spell thingy was neat for countering their targeting on one of us but his drain life just didn't seem to actually do anything.

Battlemage is a favorite of mine already, I think his innate ability could go down maybe 20% mana though as he spends all his mana just sustaining his life pool under fire from a ranged caster. He has a speed which is good, but he has no slows or stuns to actually finish off heroes. His speed is kinda like a slow but it doesn't keep them in range of your team or away from getting to their tower. I understand his utility is group effort but I'm just throwing that out there.

I'll go back on the damage issue, my battlemage really didn't have the tools to dish back enough damage to drive the archer away. I pretty much was just whacking creeps while healing myself and hoping the archer wasn't running in for the net kill (if she did I ran away obviously.) If I ran up to her to fight she just tanked me and shot at me. I think all melee user's damage could be buffed up a bit to compete with range.

One last thought: Make creeps spawn 20-40% faster instead of giving more EXP. It felt like the time between waves was a little too much and you were often waiting outside towers for awhile waiting for your next wave.

Outside those critiques I love how your map feels more open as if theres an actual battle going on instead of just lanes. Reminds me of AotZ which is a GREAT map too. If you're gonna work on the creeps any open up more "lanes" or fight areas, the outposts idea is great. It'd be especially great if you could kinda organize your creeps to for awhile attack certain areas.

5. Joe-black-5

Joe-black-5

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Gotas was originaly named Goths but every one thought that it have a relation with devil worshippers so the name was changed into Gotas

6. RunBa

RunBa

Resources:
    Resources:
    OK, I'll Spam here...
    Stop Flaming this guy... Can't you see that he is trying to do something...
    Your advices are not very helpfull can't you see
    Fuck DotA for God's sake... Forget it... It's Nothing but Shit... And CotA? What about the name? It's ok... Better then DotA.
    Zach, Good Luck...

7. nargaque

nargaque

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I saw SMotA in the keywords for this so I decided to check it out.

This map isn't bad considering the version number. The terrain is well done (even though it's not finished yet) and the gameplay seems fluid, but I'm not so sure on hero design. I won't comment on inter-hero balance so much, because that's what betas are for, but I will say that some abilities themselves are just worth so much more than others. For example, Battlemage's Scroll of Haste is amazing at level 1, but at level 5 it's not much more useful than it was at level 3 or 4. What use is +120% speed when +100% or +80% already increases you to max? (The tooltip is messed up too; it says +140/160/180/200/220%, but it should be +40/60/80/100/120%.)

Another example is the Firemage. Firewave deals so much less damage than Firebolt, despite that they have the same mana cost, Firebolt has half the cooldown, and Firebolt stuns. Firewave does deal area damage, but its damage itself is very low (100/150/200/250/300) compared to Firebolt (350/425/500/575/650). At level 1, Firebolt will take out about half the hp of most heroes even factoring in spell resistance; 2 hits will kill.

I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but it is possible to just repick once to a different hero no matter your situation.

A miscellaneous list of other issues:
    -the Huntress's Trap of Exhaustion is supposed to slow "nearby enemy units" but actually slows all units, including allies and yourself
    -Rock Golem's summon tooltip is the same at different levels; make sure it matches the learn tooltip and real data
    -Battlemage has Paladin's tooltip description; its Holy Light innate has no hotkey
    -Mummy's Sand Vortex trigger doesn't actually deal damage - it just reduces hp, so it doesn't give the kill to anyone if it "kills" an enemy
    -according to Firearcher's Constrict learn tooltip, the duration is 2/2/3/4/5 seconds; are level 1 and 2 really the same or did you do use the default integer rounding?
    -quite a few typos; also a lot of words combinedtogether like that
    -channeling abilities are not specified, e.g. Holy Scroll, Fire Rain, etc.
    -the qwer hotkey system is not present on some abilities, double check to see that this is consistent
    -some of the corridors in the middle forest lane are too narrow - 4 ranged creeps blocked the passage for me

Regarding the name, I think the problem is not that it has -ota, but the C makes it somewhat weird to say.

8. Zacharias

Zacharias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thanks nargaque (know your map SMotA well, its not bad at all)

-Scroll of haste will be fixed/reduced.
    -Firemage´s Firewave is an area-spell, i considered to decrease its damage comparing to a single target spell as firebolt is. But will balance that, maybe firebolt is to strong...
    - the combinedtogether issue is just resulting from my nativ language, german - anyway, i will try to fix them ;)
    - which creeps do block the lane? tested them well, seems to work for me...

but thanks for all your information

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  9. Hashinshin

Hashinshin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Quick question, is every hero going to get an innate ability eventually ? I'm hoping yes, more abilities is better.

10. Zacharias

Zacharias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Its not planned, no. But i´m working on a possibility to gain one of several extra-abilities, e.g. throught a recipe.

Actually there are many ideas i want to implement, but its not possible now, since i´m not working 24h a day ;) This map is something like a skeletal structure for my ideas.

~2 days and it will be updated, hopefully.

11. Hashinshin

Hashinshin

Resources:
    Resources:
    The paladin's hammer ability starts off rather cool (0 mana cost, 5 CD, but rather hard to use) but at level 2+ it starts getting an obscene mana cost.

The tooltip says 0 mana so I can assume a 150 mana cost is just a bug.

12. TrOiA

TrOiA

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    nice map man and good work.

10/10 & Good xD

13. Slasher

Slasher

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Battlemages attack move hotkey stacks with another and this map is too similar with dota. So why should I play this or anyone else cause there is already better dota map?

14. Zacharias

Zacharias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thx, will reconsider the 'A' hotkey, anyway i dont think that anyone uses an hotkey for 'Attack' ^^

Why should you play an other AoS as DotA? Because DotA is not perfect, e.g. its item-recipes where cruel to all players, you will have to learn them by heart if you want to be good. Other reasons? See the first post....

15. Evan1993

Evan1993

Resources:
    Resources:
    Although I didn't play this for long because I got bored, a few things stuck me about this map.

The hero I picked seemed bland to me, none of his skills worked together or fit his character and he had standard melee spells.

A hero that has two auto-cast spells and a passive makes a very boring hero to play. For games, such as AoS's were you only control you hero you need an interesting one.

If all you can do with your hero is attack move, then it becomes boring fast. However, if you have to use your spells carefully, and you need to pay attention to what’s going on in order to use your hero to its max effect, it will hold your attention longer.

As an example some of the funnier heroes in Dota are:

(In no particular order)

• Techies
    • Priestess of the Moon
    • Huskar
    • Puck
    • Invoker
    • Dark Seer
    • Obsidian Destroyer
    • Bloodseeker

What do they all have in common?

• They all have interesting triggered spells that work together and fit the heroes’ character.
    • They take skill to be played well; they can’t be played well by just attack moving.
    • They have a purpose; they’re all good at different things. They were designed to be good at some things.

The hero I played in your game didn’t seem to have any strong point at all; none of its skills worked together very well. It didn’t seem like it was designed to be anything; a pusher a hero killer, or support nor any other type as far as I could tell.

Your items also had similar problems, there was too many boring base items and not enough interesting items that did anything besides give stats.
    I assume the terrain isn’t finished so I don’t have any comments about that besides the fact that it seemed a little large.

I didn't play all the heroes but from the descriptions, they sounded like they had similar problems.

Could be a fun map after some work, if keep at it I'm sure it will be.

(None of what I said was meant to be insulting; I was just giving constructive criticism)

Good luck with your map! :thumbs_up:

16. Zacharias

Zacharias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi!

Thx for your comment, that really helps :)
    Dont know which Hero you played, please precise it. The first heros i made in this map were boring, yes actually that´s true (because its my first map :cry:). I tried to improve them, but actually i did more work on balancing the good ones.
    Did you try the elite-items? Tried to make them more interesting, item-abilities will be done later...

Referring to your (and others) critique about the "slow" gameplay (or too large map):
    This is the last update on this terrain, the whole map/gameplay will be redone. The terrain is too.... well "soft". So i will give it a new name, a "rought" terrain and a new system concerning the outposts. The concept is nearly finished and should boost up gamespeed and fun-factor greatly.

17. Evan1993

Evan1993

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its very good for a first map! I'm my first map was all my fav units placed down and some creeps to kill. lol.

Both the spearmaster and the tauren cheiften seemed like it to me. Havn't played any others.
    Not sure what you mean by Elite items.

Sounds good, keep up the good work!

18. Zacharias

Zacharias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Look into your quest log, there were 2 quests un each side to unlock the elite-items. The quest wont be required for all items in the new map ...

19. Evan1993

Evan1993

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, those, I though you were talking about some item shop called "elite items" that you could buy stuff from. :smile: