• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naznoran (1P RPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ive been working on an RPG that takes place in a world created from MANY dreams and ideas that flew through my head at one time or another. It is my first serious project, and my first project where I actually began using some of the editors.

Its a pretty simple RPG... Still has some bugs to work out, and it could be a little more challenging. Anyway, Im looking for some people who will test it (and give feedback!). Please go to maps and then search Naznoran for it.

You can download Naznoran here.

Any files in the game that were not created by Blizzard, were created by members of the Hive community. (I wish I could give individual credit.) Many of these I had rotting in my folders for an eternity, and they never came with a credited readme or anything. Sorry guys, but know Im not claiming these as my own! :D

Also, Im working on an event to add in the game on a version released on my birthday (Oct 7th), and I am kinda lost at what to put in. Thanks for reading, PM me for more info / ideas.

STORYLINE
An evil lich has conquored many realms, and he now lives in Naznoran. His very entry to the world almost was enough to end all life. The beautiful planet known as Naznoran has shattered, leaving only one small fragment bearing life... But how long will that last? The evil entity is more than capable of destroying the remnants whenever he pleases, but he delays...

You, hero, must set out to save your people, and the almost forgotten world...

HERO SELECTION
This map has a selection between 3-4 different heros (been playing with some of these, so it changes often). As you progress through the levels, you go through many challenges that more-often-than-not reward you with ANOTHER hero! To select a hero, you start the map then attack the ? near the hero to learn about him. Once you have chosen, you attack the lever.

DUNGEONS
Currently there are 3 dungeons in Naznoran. Not all of them are entirely finished, but they are getting pretty far.

1. Dalrinal ~ The first dungeon you encounter is actually an island covered in other humans... But these humans believe Saryeit is a savior. They refuse to fight against him, but instead they fight those who try to destroy him. An elite mountain dwarf, often refered to as "Captain Danny" has set up a base here, and they refuse to give up. After a few minutes of play time, a cinematic will play showing that the dungeon is finally accessable.

2. Caverns of Time ~ After figuring out how to open Tandalen, an ancient elven forest, there will soon be an ancient cavern spotted. Beyond the demonic gate is where the God's have created a legendary world magically connected to Naznoran. Although most of the realm is already destroyed, these past events are being tampered with one way or another. You must prevent the Dark Portal from opening, and unleasing Saryeit into the world 4 years early, defeat the Troll Leader that refuses to allow the last remaining trolls off the island, thus saving the trolls from extinction. Finally, you will enter The Great Forest, where the undead raided a high-elven wood, and nearly wiped out the race. Although the elves wish for this event to be tampered with, the fabric of time would be ultimately destroyed if this were to finish.

3. Saryeit's Lair ~ After plenty of time in the game, you will eventually enter Saryeit's domain. The ground has risen from the depths, corrupted and damaged. You will fight some of the undead's most elite champions, and eventually the lich himself.

QUESTS
One of the biggest things I am working on are quests... Obviously these are very important, however the triggers arent cooperating with me... Im hoping to get some basic quests down soon, as these will be great for the game.

THE WORLD
Although I am not an expert or anything, I believe I did a good job at designing and terraining Naznoran. It has gone through (and will go through) many changes, but the layout has ultimately stayed the same since the start. Zones are fairly evened out, with their fair share of surprises and secrets. (Much more is coming...)

There is a LOT more on the way, and already in the game. Im really hoping to get some dedicated testers who can provide constructive feedback, ratings, bug finds, suggestions, etc. Thanks to everyone interested in the project!

FROM LEFT TO RIGHT

1. Dalrinal, pretty much the entire dungeon. Can be tricky though.
2. Norxjal, the area of the World Tree and the Dark Portal. (Present day.)
3. Norxjal in Caverns of Time. Currently needs a lot of work done to it, but the event can be completed.
4. An area I created at the start of development. Unfortunately, my origional use for it didnt work. It is there until I find something better for it. Behind the mountain is a burning city crawling with ghouls.
5. Deep in Tandalen, the night elf forest. (Not to be mistaken for The Great Forest)
6. The Great Forest (present). This section of the forest was not attacked by the undead.
7. The Great Forest (present). This is all that is left after the undead's raid years ago. You will be able to assist the undead in destroying this area in Caverns of Time in a future version.

Attachments

• Dalrinal.PNG
    Dalrinal.PNG
    684.8 KB · Views: 230
  • Norxjal.PNG
    Norxjal.PNG
    603.4 KB · Views: 260
  • NorxjalPast.PNG
    NorxjalPast.PNG
    700.1 KB · Views: 222
  • PortalandDeadTown.PNG
    PortalandDeadTown.PNG
    787.3 KB · Views: 223
  • Tandalen.PNG
    Tandalen.PNG
    650.1 KB · Views: 203
  • TheGreatForestAlive.PNG
    TheGreatForestAlive.PNG
    780.3 KB · Views: 177
  • TheGreatForestRuins.PNG
    TheGreatForestRuins.PNG
    727.8 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Level 5
My first plans were to make it more than 1 player, but the problem is that I am not very good at online play maps yet. If I could get some people who could help me out with explaining how to get it to work, and how it does work, I could probably make my next project multiplayer. The problem is that Naznoran is too far into development to go back... Maybe, depending on how it would work, Ill be able to add in 1-2 people, but as I said, too far into development.

PS, screenshots taken. Ill be putting them up in a second

Level 5
Thanks, my ideas, in my opinion, are AWESOME... The problem is, I dont have good enough knowledge to make everything I dream come true. This is mostly a learning map, trying to figure out how some of the editors work. If I can get some help with understanding and such, I could probably create some of these fun things.

Its pretty decent now, but it would be a LOT better if I knew half of the stuff I wanted to do! xD

EDIT: And I cant tell you why he is waiting. Its part of an event that I will be adding when I release his lair.

Level 18
I thought this map was very interesting, and had a very good concept, but I think more blatent quests will be better, and I was dissapointed that this wasn't a campaign, and could not save it, because I had to leave while in the middle of it and I lost my spot, anyway good job and keep up the good work as far as I saw, there weren't any bugs

Level 5
Cant save it? You should be able to. *sigh* Another thing to fix.

Thanks for the feedback, Im trying to find out how to get some of these triggers working, and there will be quests soon.

I will be adding campaigns that take place in the Naznoran universe before Saryeit's invasion. And yes, they will be campaigns. I have drawn maps for the entire planet, and the RPG takes place on only a fraction of the smallest continent. There will be some noticable differences, pretty much because Saryeit reshaped the land to his choosing.

Level 5
Did you try clicking the menu at the top left and clicking save? That works for me...

Also, will you be trying out future versions? It would be great to have a few dedicated testers, and hopefully I can get these quests working soon! *eats the trigger editor*

Level 5
Ill try my best. Ill also probably start adding testing codes to help make starting each new version less annoying...

W00T I can go to Dalrinal!
W00T I can go to Dalrinal.
W00T I can go to Dalrinal...
I can go to Dalrinal...
...Dalrinal.

/quit

Just give me some suggestions whenever you have some and Ill most likely add them, if possible.

Level 6
This map looks pretty decent, Good job man. I havent tried it yet but I will in about hour or so, But great job keep up the good work looks good from the screenies

~4rankie~

Level 5
more items, and more heroes? o_O

They are on their way. I was having some major issues with drops, but I think I solved that. You can expect some new items (and probably a hero soon) in the next few versions.

Im also (hopefully) going to get the new spells made for 11-15 today and tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the special release I had planned for today has been delayed... Why? Because the trigger editor wants me to die.

Level 5
Ill consider them. I am still working on the ideas of the hero, so I really cant say what to expect.

As for items, once again Im encountering bugs working with them. For now, Ill just be able to create items that give stats and things like that for a bit. :( Im such a noob.

Ill most likely post a few ideas for heros here and see what people like the most.

One of the ideas Ive been messing with is a type of druid / mage mix. Like I said, still running ideas through my head.

Also, once I get quests finally working, I'll probably be redoing the starting zone a lot.. This may mean that Norxjal and Draiek might be moved around, to their correct places on the map! (My excuse is that Saryeit moved them to other portions of the continent, but its all my fault... :p)

Thanks again for the feedback. Ill get to work on it again later.

Level 5
Probably not, Im trying to keep it all humans for this RPG. I might make the class, if its a druid, shapeshift into dragon forms maybe?

Level 5
Hmm maybe... I did some thinking last night when I was dozing off... Unless the dragons are ground units, they cant be in the game. I forgot about all the issues flying units cause (which is why I made them explode when they are in-game). They get to areas that they shouldn't have access too, and much of the game has been reworked for ground units only. (Im not going to put about 60000 flight blockers either.) If I find some cool ground-based dragon models, you can expect to see them. If not, then Ill play around with some settings with the flying models, and see if it looks right if the game considers them ground units.

Once again, thanks for all the feedback, and sorry for my stupidity (and delays) with the editors. Im trying my best, and Im glad you guys are at least enjoying it a little . . .

Level 5
After a little bit of thinking, here are the current ideas I have for a new hero.For now, Ill only be picking on, and I havent started developing any of them yet... Tell me what you think. (Hopefully I dont run into any problems)

Dragonic ~ Shapeshifter, each form has its own benefits. (Still working out the forms and such...)

Death Wizard ~ Similar to a warlock. Their armor is very bad, but their strength makes up for it. They have spells that can do SERIOUS damage, but they can also greatly damage the caster and his allies.

Goblin Engineer ~ Goblin, can summon different mechanical creatures to assist. Strength is poor, but their intellect and armor are high. Each creature has a different special trait.

Thats all I have now... Id probably go into more detail if I had time. Anyway, tell me what you think for each. I want to do the Death Wizard personally, but its up to you guys!

Level 5
Thats his weakness. I wont make it like a huge chunk of his life, unless its some insane ability. So he should be able to survive against a wave of mobs, and there are currently 2 paladin heros you get from playing the game that can keep him healed.

Level 5
The Death Wizard is mainly a falling angel. Most of his soul has turned evil, however there is a part of him that still holds his old traditions and beliefs (why else would he be trying to defeat Saryeit?) He has lost his holy magic inside of him from the demons that have corrupted his mind, however his body does not reject it.

*shrug* Hows that? :D

Level 5
lol.

Anyway right now I have been working on the new starting area and missions. I probably wont be able to get the Death Wizard out in the next version, but hopefully I can get a start on him. I finally got quests to work, so yeah.

I need to play around with a couple more commands, and if I can get those to work today, I should be able to add the next couple levels of spells to the existing classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.