• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Retalliation Trigger Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Looking over some strange bugs in my latest version of Naznoran I'm working on, I found one that I really just don't understand how its not working.

WAY back in the beginning of development, I knew that I was going to put many attackable neutral passive creeps. I created a simple trigger to get it to work, and it did, until I tried AoE spells against such creatures.

• retal
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Attacked unit)) Equal to Neutral Passive
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Attacked unit) to Neutral Hostile and Change color
That has been the trigger since Day 1, and I never once got notice that AoEs dont work until yesterday. Could anybody point out what I need to do to make it so ANY attack will change their faction to Neutral Hostile? I would greatly appreciate it. :)

P.S. Yes, Naznoran is not on the Hive Workshop right now, it will be posted back soon.

~Saryeit

Level 22
Unfortunately, I think you would have to use the A Unit Takes Damage event for that, which is not a Generic Unit Event, but a Specific unit event.
This would require you to put in a unit group loop that adds an event to another trigger for every unit on the map that says Picked Unit Takes Damage.
I hope that made sense, but it's probably not really practical. You would have to do it periodically if you create new Neutral Passive units during the course of the game, which would create some bad leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.