• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naxxramas v0.99c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
First Relasing Version

Base statistics
Players: Single(1)
Size: 218x212

Info
This map is not done same as Naxxramas from WoW but similiar.
At start player will chose one from two groups.
In one group are:1x tank, 1x melee dmg, 2x Ranged dmg, 1x heal.
In quests you can see tactics to bosses.
You will fight same bosses as are in WoW.
Some WoW models I have from friend who download it somewehere (From Rapidshare).
Map ends when you defeat final boss, Kel´Thuzad.

Uncompleted
Some achievements + two achievements that cause crash. I don´t enabled them but I´ll be happy if someone tell me what is wrong on them.
Next-On Thaddius Feugen and Stallag doesn´t work but I don´t know why.
Some think I don´t know about them :)

Changelog
Added damage taken as floating text (Onyl Player Heroes)(From The Helper Net) - Wait for upload

Need
Please write in comments something about achievements. What they do when wipe , completed, uncompleted
What you have to do in achievements is writed in Quests

If someone advertise me some good program what will record screen(no Fraps) I´ll give here some videos
Please test map and subscribe...THX

Attachments

• Naxxramas v0.99c.w3x
    15.2 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Level 25

Pros

+ Fun to see that you’re aiming for Singleplayer, that’s rare.

Neutral

World of Warcraft-Model rips, I don’t care, but it isn’t allowed here at the Hive.
A World of Warcraft-gamer understands that it’s Naxxramas.
Achivements; a fun “add-on”, but it’s not needed, part from that “core players” can make the game harder for themselves.

Cons

- Bosses; Heigan for example, does not “follow” World of Warcraft at all.
- As a Singleplayer Dungeon, there should be some cinematic intros before bosses and etc., just to improve the awesomeness.
- The Game Speed is way to fast for WC3, keeping track of all the 5 heroes in this speed is really hard.
- Lacking of custom spells and heroes.
- Classes; feels like there’s none.
- No way to “Tank” a mob, as there’s no “Aggro System”.
- The terrain is lacking beyond words
- Items; hard to understand what “Item Level 35” means and etc.
- Just setting “Level 80” in the WC3 engine doesn’t really work; more on this later on.
- The map feels unnecessarily big.

Summary

This map is heavily lacking, even if it’s a Beta.
I love the idea that you want to make this a “Singleplayer Dungeon”, but WC3 game speed makes this very hard. Controlling five heroes at the current speed can be somewhat confusing.
The terrain is heavily lacking at a moment; no doodads and plain old Blizzard Cliffs with the same terrain all the way.
As this is a Singleplayer, you should use the power of epic cinematic and effects, but every boss fight, that I’ve tried, starts with a boring dialog and then there’s a fight that sometimes is rather boring.
The heroes and spells are also lacking, as there’s nothing special with them. Every WC3 gamer recognizes them and it’s very boring.
Heroes and level; as I stated above, just setting “Level 80” in the WC3 engine doesn’t work. Heroes shouldn’t have 300 Strength, Agility or Intelligence. Why? Because it totally unbalance the normal WC3 engine, as units with 200 Agility gets an insane attack speed and etc, and this is just weird. I strongly suggest you to work with much smaller numbers, like 400-1200 HP and etc, it’s much better, trust me. Also the hero classes make no sense. Yet again, create custom heroes.
Another thing you should think about is adding a “Aggro System”, so the Warrior can “Tank” the bosses and etc, else the boss will randomly just change target and etc., and this can be rather annoying.
Items are another thing that is lacking heavily; the “Item Level XX” makes no sense to a player that never has heard of it before.
And one more thing, the map is unnecessarily big; 15 MB and the Map Size (214x214) ain’t needed, you can do this on a much smaller map.

What I would suggest
I strongly suggest you NOT to use World of Warcraft as a base behind your map. If I were you, I would write a little story behind a dungeon or something like that and start from there. Then I would start brainstorming around bosses; how many, what should happen during the encounter and etc. When I’d finished that, I would slowly start with the terrain, mapping out the required space for each boss, distances, creeps/mobs between bosses, puzzles, shortcuts and etc. When the rough terrain is finished, I would start doing the heroes; what should the tank be able to do and etc. and then continue like this
I hope you get my point!

Others
Items, they are lacking heavily in your map, and I’m a sucker for eye-candy, so I would highly suggest you to improve it as much as you can!
Here’s an example I made in a few seconds:
WardensWall.JPG
JASS:
|cff0080FFWardens' Wall|r
|cffffcc00Item Rarity:|r Very Rare
|cffffcc00Item Type:|r Shield
 +5 Armor
 +10 Strength
 25% chance to block 30 damage

|cffffcc00Description|r
Legend says that the great Warden of Carandor once wore a might shield that blessed by The God of War himself. The legend says that the shield grants the bearer great strength and protection.

Final Note
I'm not trying to make you feel bad about your map or anything, I'm just telling you that you really need to improve this and that you shouldn't give up, as that's not an option! ;D
And I'm sorry for this rather... Blurry review (jumping from place to place, discussing the same thing over and over again and etc), I'm writing this at 02:22 (Sweden, GMT +1) and I'm rather tired at a moment.

Level 4
Final Note
I'm writing this at 02:22 (Sweden, GMT +1) and I'm rather tired at a moment.

hh

So, I don´t want to do it exactly as it is in WoW. For Example you refer to Heigan. If i´ll do him as he is in WoW I though that it´ll be hard for players because tank will lose ,aggro, because I don´t know how to do it. Also moving with all heroes is difficult whne have to healing with healer at the same time.

Cinematics hmm, what will be in cinematics? boss fight?

Custom spell and heroes hmm I´ll think about it

So, aggro syst. I really don´t know how to do it

Classes? ehm? xD

That about items. I have writted on some leaflet what 1 level of item means :) (For example 1lvl=3dmg, 1stat or 1%dodge=10 level but it isn´t essential) It´s only for players because there are 2 item lvls in the map (35(sometimes 36) and 40) when there is that item level players will know what items is better.

Map is big hmm I´ll decrease armor and HP of trash mobs :)

About that stats. I have decreased an attack speed provived from Agiliti and mana regen from intelligence.

I think, it will take some time till I update this map because I´m doing now on new map but I´m very happy that you play and subscribe my map, so Thank you.)

Level 16
you don't need to do that to decrease the size of the map,
just do this.(originally said by [K40$]-Spectre)
- mdx panther (squishes mdx, do it 1 or 2 times so no visible quality is last while the model size is a lot lowered when imported in wcr3, warning some old models or already squished models won't work anymore after this).
- a .tga editing program (think of photoshop and paint shop pro, you can resize e.g. 256 x 256 pixels skin to 128 x 128 pixels so it will be several times lighter (or e.g. 1024 x 1024 pixels to 256 x 256 pixels). Use the .blp converter under this site under tools to save tga to blp or blp to tga.
- vexoptimizer (optimizes the whole map so your map is about ~10% lighter, has a function in it which allows for map protection.

Level 6
ScArLeT, You know quotes works but bah, I read the rules here. Ripped WoW models aren't allowed (yeah I know how to rip models but I rarely do them since I don't really need custom models much), I agree with Arowanna92's review, you should fix those tool-tips, as I am also confused at some parts. I believe that you will continue this and will be heading for the right direction.

Level 25
15mb soo lagg.. :thumbs_down:
This is a Singleplayer, so that shouldn't be such a big problem...

At start player will chose one from two groups.
In one group are:1x tank, 1x melee dmg, 2x Ranged dmg, 1x heal.

Classes? ehm? xD
You clearly state that there's Classes/Roles in the game, but there's no tank, and the Damage Dealers are pretty bad. The only one that actually performs his role is the Healer.

Classes/Roles should be more defined, and they should at least be custom made with custom spells.
Here's a little example I just put together:
TaurenWarrior.JPG
(I know, there’s some failure in grammar and spelling in the spells at a moment, but I rushed it.) <- (I just noticed how bad that sentence was written, and this one as well :p)
Do you see how much more defined that is? It uses the common QWERT-hotkeys, it describes all spells with some more depth, and it gives a "Tank" its real role, to actually "Hold" a mob or boss for X amount of seconds and much more.
This is accomplished by some simple custom spells and some writing…

Do you understand what I mean?

Cinematics hmm, what will be in cinematics? boss fight?

Custom spell and heroes hmm I´ll think about it

About that stats. I have decreased an attack speed provived from Agiliti and mana regen from intelligence.
Cinematic
- This will give the map some excitement and realistic feeling. Right now it's plain and boring; each fight just starts with a simple dialog, a fight that lasts for 10 minutes, then you kill the boss and grab your new items; without any cool ending or anything...
- You can make small “Intrologs” before each boss, when a boss starts a specific event (in-game effect/cinematic) and etc., be creative!

Custom Spells and Heroes
You can't just "think about it", it's needed for maps; else it fails miserably.

Map Size
I mean the actual Gameplay Area and file size.
The map is HUGE, I mean.. It takes forever to run back to the bosses you wipe at.
((Files size; listen to Scarlet_ORPG))

Stats
Use lower numbers... It's much easier...

Terrain
Mate, this is one of the most improtant things in the game, you should fix it (as stated above...)

Status
Not open for further replies.