• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Natural Energy

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Natural Energy

Description

Map Tribute to Synergy of Filmting: Somewhere, in Hellfire Peninsula there is an extrange energy where plants and trees are regenerating. Also Wildlife is begining to growth.

Neutral Buildings

-4 expanding mines
-2 merc. camps
-2 gob. labs
-2 gob. markets
-2 health fountain

Creeps

-12 green creeps
-14 orange creeps
-2 red creeps

Map Layout

162967-f383e3ca3363d9ab26b6c3a24e5f1e1a.png

Credits

I want to dedicate this map to Filmting for creating the map: Synergy

Updates

1) Changed ashenvale trees with felwood ones.
2) Decided to do the map layout. Minor change in the clifs of 1 gob. market.
Contents

Natural Energy (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Well, that's definitely a unique design. Looks like a Hellfire Peninsula/Zangarmarsh hybrid to me. I like the general concept. The Wildlife doesnt quite seem to be from outland, but I guess there are no such creeps in the edtor anyway. So You probably...
Natural Energy
Submitted by WolfFarkas

- The terrain is well made yet you need to smoothen some area. I think those ashenvale trees don't fit the atmosphere of the place. You may want to replace it with something fitting to the area.
- You have a balanced resources I guess.
- Please, do not put two start locations in a very close places. Separate them. Even though you said this is 2v2 but this is not always the case. Maps like this can be played 1v1v1v1.
-You might use custom weather and custom terrain fog
- At this rate, this could be in AWAITING UPDATE

EDIT:
Updated already with cool updates.
you are very fast in updating your maps.
Sorry, if I am harsh on my review.
Now you got this map APPOVED
CONGRATULATIONS

Last edited:
Level 29
Natural Energy
Submitted by WolfFarkas

1- The terrain is well made
2-yet you need to smoothen some area.
3-I think those ashenvale trees don't fit the atmosphere of the place.
4-You may want to replace it with something fitting to the area.
5- You have a balanced resources I guess.
6- Please, do not put two start locations in a very close places. Separate them. Even though you said this is 2v2 but this is not always the case. Maps like this can be played 1v1v1v1.
7-You might use custom weather
8-and custom terrain fog
9- At this rate, this could be in AWAITING UPDATE

1) Thanks.

2) Fair, I am not that good with the terraining and I tend to make mistakes.

3-4) I changed the ashenvale trees with felwood ones, that was a clever hint.

5) Thanks, Thats the most important thing in melee. Unbalanced maps will never be used in tournaments.

6) I wanted to do a map tribute to Synergy
Wich is a map adopted by Blizzard to be used in Ladder. I am following that ladder map layout.
the map is only ment for 2v2 not FFA or 1v1 , if you check ladder maps, you will find that there are many maps only ment for team play and full house ,thats why I didnt put creeps in main goldmines.
To much mines with orange creep favours human expansion, so a 4 FFA may wont be a good idea for 1v1, humans may multiple expand. NEVsHU may be imposible for NE in a 4 player map in 1v1.

7) Custom Weathers tend to be annoying and distracting. Anything distracting should be avoided, I like low raining, snow wont fit, didnt test the others stuff.

8) I used custom fog, I always use it. Dark teal this case.
upload_2019-7-27_10-54-25.png

Last edited:
- Good that you used custom fog.
- Yes, you are on your own right about 2v2 maps, but how about if others would like to use this map for FFA, that would be depriving them of using this beautiful map of yours.
- I am just giving my view on how I see this map. Take it or leave it.
- Review doesn't always look at the good side but also to some other aspects that might be improved.

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Well, that's definitely a unique design. Looks like a Hellfire Peninsula/Zangarmarsh hybrid to me. I like the general concept. The Wildlife doesnt quite seem to be from outland, but I guess there are no such creeps in the edtor anyway. So You probably approximated it well enough.

I have no issue about maps being specifically made for only one game mode (1v1, 2v2 etc). In fact I think that this opens up a hole new world of possibilities. If every teamplay map also had to be balanced for FFA/1v1, it would heavily restrict those maps.

From a gameplay perspective, the creeps look unusual but still good. I wonder, why do you never include the tome of knowledge among the lvl 2 powerup. Do you think that one point of stats makes such a big difference?

Anyway, the map is good, therefore approved.

Level 29
Well, that's definitely a unique design. Looks like a Hellfire Peninsula/Zangarmarsh hybrid to me. I like the general concept. The Wildlife doesnt quite seem to be from outland, but I guess there are no such creeps in the edtor anyway. So You probably approximated it well enough.

I have no issue about maps being specifically made for only one game mode (1v1, 2v2 etc). In fact I think that this opens up a hole new world of possibilities. If every teamplay map also had to be balanced for FFA/1v1, it would heavily restrict those maps.

1-From a gameplay perspective, the creeps look unusual but still good. I wonder, why do you never include the tome of knowledge among the lvl 2 powerup. Do you think that one point of stats makes such a big difference?

Anyway, the map is good, therefore approved.

1-seems you are rigth, I dont know, since I set manually the L2 tomes, 3 is more fast than 4. nothing against the knoledge tome, maybe I am just paranoid with balance.

Natural Energy
Submitted by WolfFarkas

- The terrain is well made yet you need to smoothen some area. I think those ashenvale trees don't fit the atmosphere of the place. You may want to replace it with something fitting to the area.
- You have a balanced resources I guess.
- Please, do not put two start locations in a very close places. Separate them. Even though you said this is 2v2 but this is not always the case. Maps like this can be played 1v1v1v1.
-You might use custom weather and custom terrain fog
- At this rate, this could be in AWAITING UPDATE

EDIT:
Updated already with cool updates.
you are very fast in updating your maps.
Sorry, if I am harsh on my review.
Now you got this map APPOVED
CONGRATULATIONS

many of your hints were very usefull. thanks, I will also try to improve the terrain, to many things to do, so I am geting slow.

Last edited: