• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

n00b in dire need of veteren's advice! (List of spells)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
As some people may notice me babbling throught the forum about my Mordheim map I'm making. Well another question to bring up. Spells.

Each spell is a clone of an actual spell found in the Mordheim world. But some of them boggle me on how they would work. I'll throw out a few of them. Then if people respond I'll throw out more.

The basic of the spell is it'll contain the same stats each level, but the mana cost will be reduced. Don't worry I'll edit that.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me with these.

1. Spell of Awakening (Necromancy)
The effect is a passive ability, what I would like to see happen is that when a hero dies near the Necromancer, he begins to channel this spell, after a few given moments (barring he doesn't get bashed...) the Hero rises from the dead on the Necromancer's side, non-summoned (like the Animate Dead Spell), however alters the hero's speed.... like a permenant Slow or actually altering the stats of speed. I am not object to creating a zombie version of each Hero with stats and darker image to work with this spell.

2. Eye of God (Chaos ability)
The caster raises his hands to the heavens (don't worry I don't actually need that...) and calls out to the Chaos Gods for asistence, the Gods are random though. I'd like a d6(six-sided die) effect to work here. This spell rolls the dice and according to the following table and effect happens.

Roll of 1: A bolt of lightning comes down from the sky and zaps the caster, a punishment for such prayer, causes a stun that freezes the unlucky caster for a long period of time.

Roll of 2-5: The model gets slightly boosted stats, all of his stats are increased temporarly by a little.

Roll of 6: The model get's above but more powerful. States are increased greatly and a red aura appears around him to mark his luck (so other players can get the hell out of there)

3.Silver Arrows of Arha (lesser magic)
Channeling spell, while the mage channals 3-8 (random) arrows appear floating before him, then one by one fire to a targt selected by the caster, with great homing ability. I would also like that if the mage is stunned or whatever during the spell the arrows all at once burst and shoot at random targets (ANYONE friend or Foe) to show the disruption of conentration.

4.Gnawdoom (Skaven)
The Rat-sorcerer summons a horde of rats that engulf the target, causing significantly small damage (like 1-2) but very rapidly over a period of time (perhaps 3 seconds)so in total would cause a significant amount of damage.

5.Hammer of Sigmar (Priest ability)
This causes the caster to receive a large hammer glowing in a holy aura (I'm guessing Paladin's hammer) that greatly increases his damage ability for a VERY long time, but the cooldown only starts after the spell wears off (if this doesn't work I'll just make the cooldown longer than the spell itslef.) Also this hammer has a "turn off" ability (thus why I wand the cooldown effect) because this spell slowly drains mana away from the caster.

Okay folks I'll leave those ones for now. Happy creating. Thanks to anyone who can lend a hand in my map.

Level 9
1) Detect when a unit in range of a unit with the ability dies. Use dummy casters and spells to raise the unit.
2) Set an integer variable equal to a random number between 1 and sex. Use If/Then/Else functions.
3) I might do this one.
4) This one wouldn't be very difficult, but it might be hard to find a good effect art.
5) I might do this one.

~The_Raven

Status
Not open for further replies.