• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Warcraft III died of DirectX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Hey Guys! my WCIII broke down, it keeps popping this saggy message:

194715-albums4664-picture100991.png

For some reason, this all started after I started using the newgen for 2 weeks, then boom. I really can't blame this tool for letting this happen but idk coincidence?

So I tried a few checkups in trying to recover back the application such as:

- Uninstall/Reinstall game
- Started patching up all files from 1.20 - present
- Giving a name addon "opengl" at target property
- Disable/Enable DirectDraw Acceleration
- Adjusted Hardware Acceleration from minimal or maximum

All those above didn't worked, so I looked it up at registry and I found nothing to work in there.

This is my spec about DirectX or so, I'm still using XP though :grin:
194715-albums4664-picture100990.png

I'm guessing the only solution in bringing back my game is probably reformat, which somehow I think I'll end up in a loophole once I started using newgen again after reformatting my desktop. Anyone knows a good recommendation for this?

Level 30
Quick update, I somehow solved it now thanks to LordDZ haha.

I still don't get it why of all these years it started asking me an updated version of my directx even though my warcraft is installed since 2009.

Tried this one, most of the contents that showed in regedit did not pop out. So I reinstalled it and added patch 1.26 and then it revealed most of it. I guess I'll be trying that when this problem occurs again.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
That error will be thrown every time DirectX fails to initialize. This happens if another application currently has display lock.

Chances are a reset would have fixed the problem. Or if you closed the process which had the display lock.

Easiest way to recreate...
Start StarCraft II, run it in full screen mode. Then minimize and start WC3. As soon as you press for WC3 to start then maximize SC2. WC3 will throw that error.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.