• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My thoughts now about the campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
I think the campaign falls to it's own impossibility. It is way too complicated for new players and the loading times are still incredibly long. People want something easy and want to go straight to action and this campaign is far from it.

But the project is done so why I'm still talking about it? Well it's Saturday day and I randomly ended up here.

Oh, and by the way. The book is still coming. In the coming months I will send it to the publishers. So the story is not dead. Far from it.

Level 4
The normal difficulty is quite punishing, even after doing over 75% of the quests. But the game does have a very easy mode so they don't have to worry about running out of lives, and should be able to rush into the action and skip the cinematics.

At first, I wanted to get into the action but then I got into all the mechanics of the game-play and enjoyed it.

Level 6
W3 is an old game, most people around have played it for years...so no problem if the game is to complicated. I had plenty of fun playing, even if the W3 engine has it's limits...it is an amazing map!

Hope you will do more game related stuff, even if it isn't in W3.

Level 1
Its complexity and story have however attracted hardcore fans. It is all the more rewarding once you figure things out, then wanna restart to find the set pieces you couldnt in your first or second playthru. And your excellent restart system makes it all feel worthwhile.

Thanks a lot man; looking forward to the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.