• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Terrain: Domination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Introduction
This are screen shots, of my terrain, for my map: Domination. The map itself won't come out for some time, but I can still release screen shots. I'll be updating this from time to time. Concerning the tiles, I used some of Born2Modificate's ones. Up to now, there's 11, and I added different trees. I think they fit quite well ^_^.

WC3ScrnShot_082807_204620_01.jpg WC3ScrnShot_082907_101542_01.jpg Screenie3.jpg Screenie4.jpg Screenie5.jpg Screenie6.jpg Screenie7.jpg Screenie8.jpg Screenie9.jpg Screenie10.jpg Screenie11.jpg

Last edited:
Level 25
The new tileset makes this look a lot better. However I think the trees don't blend well with the terrain, the sky doesn't go well either, a couple hills are too pointy, and the fog color should be changed.

I also agree with Ragingspeedhorn that the Stranglethorn Vale rocky mountain tiles don't blend at all with the newly imported High Resolution tiles. Maybe the rocks from Village tileset might go all right with it though.
~Craka_J

Level 8
Yeah, I was going to probably import trees, and definitely change the rock tile, but I didn't get around to it. How the HELL the pointy little crap rock came there, that's a big mystery to me ... For trees, I think it was Nasrudin's ashenvale ones, from wc3campaigns, not sure though.

Level 34
I like it, everything except the trees, I dislike most Blizzard trees now, custom trees own! That rock tile does look awkward there.

Status
Not open for further replies.