• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My Shielding Attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Well, I have made Wooden Fences doodads before, so I thought I should just make an attachment and, well, This is it--

It uses UI\Glues\BattleNet\BattlenetChatGlue\CenterPanel01.blp

Attachments

• shield.mdl
    50.5 KB · Views: 88
  • shield.mdx
    18.2 KB · Views: 58
  • shield.jpg
    shield.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 206
  • Shield.zip
    33.6 KB · Views: 68
Level 11
The left side doesnt have borders D:

I did that, when it goes into the point and merges, it looks very stretched and mushed

the point looks abit out of place.
and it kinda looks like a bible. the wood are the pages, and the silver stuff is the binding, while the pointy thing...i dunno.

The point, I don't know, I felt like making a weird pointy thing on my shield--

Level 11
I animated the shield(1)

and added a camera so it could be used as an item, Camera 01 (2)

Wire frame for TDR (3) (the box is a 8x8x8 box i believe, and the points are the faces pushed together (pain in the butt))

Attachments

• shield combined-item.gif
    shield combined-item.gif
    838.6 KB · Views: 75
  • shield combined-item.jpg
    shield combined-item.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 81
  • shield combined-item-wireframe.jpg
    shield combined-item-wireframe.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Level 27
This is only one side:
shieldpic.jpg
Still, that shouldn't add up to 2k tris.. you might have duplicated some triangles over itself and stacked them? Who knows.
In any case, you can easily reduce the main face to 2 tris if you want it to be flat, or 4 if you want a curve in it. Also with the border you could probably reduce to 2 on each side, maybe 2 at each corner.
--donut3.5--

TDR

TDR

Level 18
That's a disaster man! It has tons and tons of useless polygons! Not to mention that it's enormously thick for a shield, could you imagine carrying a shield that thick? It must weight around 80Kg or more...And why does it have such rounded edges...they're useless.

Here's how this shield should have looked. It took me one whole minute and it's more suitable for wc3, due to it's low polycount...If I were you I'd start over again, it'll be too much work to optimize all that you have now.

Attachments

• fuckingshield.jpg
    fuckingshield.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.