• πŸ† Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. πŸ”—Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Offical First Map

Is it worth me continuing to work on this?

• Yes!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • If you want to.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Not really.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You shouldn't be here.

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Currently if you've looked into the World Editor help section you've probably seen my name pop up looking for help on something, well right now I'm working on (What i believe is) a Hero Defense Map*. Below is the Concept of the map and a lot of details explaining it.

Please Note: This is an active article. When i finish lots of details it will probably get updated.

*I'm not sure if it's a Hero Defense Map. If it's really something else, please tell me in a comment so i can Fix it. Thanks :ogre_haosis:

The Map "Damnation Hero Defense" is an idea that I mostly came up with, along with my friends on BNet. After choosing your hero and grabbing whatever items you can from the shops, you head out into the first part of the map, designated for Waves 1 through 15. Waves are always however many players are playing time 10. As you progress through the waves, on every 5th level (5, 10, 15, etc.) you fight a boss, with varying hit points depending on how many players are playing. Each of the heroes have different abilities, and will be described in detail next (Not all done, Still working on it). After wave 15 you head back to the shops and obtain more powerful items to head on to the next section of the map, for waves 16 through 30. Here the creeps become tough, and being able to last in long fights is needed in order to survive these waves. Once all the waves are passed, and you get to the final wave 50. You will fight the great Master Arden, an extremely powerful Eredar Mutant from the Boglands. If and only if you manage to destroy him and all of his forms, will you be able to enter the portal to the New Land and be safe from the Deadly homelands that you were forced to flee from.

Below is the list of information about waves. This is probably the final version of the waves as listed, with additions to them obviously as the waves end at 50.
Damnation Hero Defense Waves

Wave 1: Death Pigs
Hp: 150
Atk: 20
Gpk: 15
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
Wave: 2 Black Spiders
Hp: 169
Atk: 22
Gpk: 17
Wave 3: Zerglings
Hp: 194
Atk: 25
Gpk: 20
Wave 4: Doom Worms
Hp: 219
Atk: 28
Gpk: 23
Wave 5: (BOSS) Grubmuncher
Hp: 1000
Atk: 50 (chaos)
Gpk: 1000
Special: Every 5 seconds, eats a grub and gains 150 health. At 25% Health, Grubmuncher enrages.
Wave 6: Acolytes
Hp: 227
Atk: 32
Gpk: 25
Wave 7: Ghouls
Hp: 245
Atk: 34
Wave 8: Slimes
Hp: 260
Atk: 37
Wave 9: Crypt Lurkers
Hp: 279
Atk: 40
Wave 10: (BOSS) Naglazia
Hp: 2000
Atk: 100 (chaos) average
Gpk: 1750
Special: Attacks all units for 80% cleave damage, has hardened shell at 50% health, and poisons main target for 10 damage per second. *Drops a Legendary item into a random heroes Bank on death.*
Wave 11: Banshees
Hp: 300
Atk: 43
Wave 12: Werewolves
Hp: 309
ATK: 44
Gpk:25
Wave 13: Flaming Skeletagons
HP: 318
ATK: 46
Wave 14: Shades
Hp: 331
Atk: 48
Wave 15: (BOSS) Guard Dradar
Hp: (3000*players)
Atk: 150 Chaos
Gpk: 2250
Special: Spawns an undead guard tower on his spawn with 100 chaos attack. When tower is killed he emerges. At 25% hp he enrages. Every 30 seconds he become bigger and more powerful until killed (Hp doesn't increase). On dead spawns secret wave of random integer between 1 and 5 undead guards, marksman, and 1 and 3 captians.
Wave 16: Corruptors
Hp: 623
Atk: 50
Gpk: 25m
Wave 17: Nerubian Battleguard
Hp: 635
Atk: 52
Wave 18: Hive Wasps (Beetles)
Hp: 650
Atk: 55
Wave 19: Statues of Agony
Hp: 695
Atk: 59
Gpk: 30
Wave 20: (BOSS) Blademane
Hp:4000*players
Atk: 200 chaos
Gpk: 2500
Special: Regenerates 100% of each attack in health. After 1 minute 30 seconds into the fight the zone becomes foggy, BaneBlade disappears, voice of Arden says: "You dare challenge the God of Darkness? I will make you pay. Go forth Baneblade, with your newfound powers!". Baneblade reappears and attacks 100% faster than before (200%). Once killed players get 1 minute 30 seconds in shops before wave starts.
Wave 21: Sea Monsters
Hp: 712
Atk: 63
Gpk: 32
Wave 22: Naga Sorceresses(Hard)
Hp: 719
Atk: 52
Gpk: 65
Wave 23: Murloc Invaders
Hp: 723
Atk: 65
Gpk: 67
Wave 24: Naga Royal Guard (Powerful)
Hp: 890
Atk: 61
Gpk: 67
Wave 25: (BOSS) CroniShellium
Hp:5000*players
Atk: 250 chaos
Gpk: 2750
Special: Hardened shell, has 250 armor. Naval battle. Area is walled off and "floods". Water damages players 15% of their HP every 2.5 seconds. Dryspots at random every 15 seconds. Tank receives x2 damage from water. Water gives debuff "Waterlogged", slowingzzzfz,. F and giving -10 armor. After 25% hp, ChroniShellium enrages, sucks up the water, and becomes 3x bigger, and stronger.
Wave 26: Frenzied Owlkin
Hp: 731
Atk: 67
Gpk: 70
Wave 27: Giant Treants
Hp: 736
Atk: 69
Gpk: 72

Some systems and other important information about/in the map:
-Item System with recipes.
-Repick your hero (max of 4 repicks)
-4 total Players
-Legendary items system (Each boss has a 10% chance to drop a legendary item.
-User suggestions accepted! (On my website (I hope I don't get in trouble for this) k3524.wordpress.com You can contact me and give me suggestions on what to add, remove, change, or balance!)
-Adrenaline. (When your health gets low, your hero runs faster.)
-All dead, you lose. (When every hero is dead, you lose the game, heroes automatically respawn with no penalty after 15 seconds of death.)
-Custom Heroes. (I love adding custom heroes. I try and keep them balanced, and well working so that we have custom blending with standard.
-All in GUI (Idk if this is a good thing or a bad, but i'm not used to this jass stuff yet, and i wanna do a GUI map first with simple(ish) triggers before i start writing jass systems. I dont know how easy it will be for me to do Jass (I have a Lua coding background))
-Progressive Waves (Waves are already very fluid and get progressively harder, other than switching zones.)
-Gameplay can be either All Pick or All Random, or you can do All pick and choose a random hero.
-In beginning you hear the voice of Arden saying "Let the games begin!" (My own voice recording!)
-More to be added in time

HP: 1000*players
Attack: 50 Chaos
Gold when killed: 1000 to each player.
Special: When he is spawned, he creates Players*10 Doom Worms for Neutral Passive near him. Every 5 seconds he eats a worm and gains Players*150 Hit points in health. When he runs out of worms he enrages, causing him to hit faster.

Hp: 2000*players
Attack: 100 Chaos
Gold when killed: 1750 to each player
Special: Attacks all units for 80% cleave damage. Has Hardened Shell ability at 50% health, increasing Armor by 25. Poisons main target for 10 damage every second.

HP: 3000*players
Attack: 150 Chaos
Gold When killed: 2250
Special: Spawns an undead guard tower on his spawn with 100 chaos attack and 2000 hp (Static). When the tower is killed Guard Dradar emerges from the rubble. At 50% hp he engrages attacking faster. Every 20 seconds he becomes bigger and more powerful until killed (Hp never increases). When he dies, he spawns 7*players Death Guards.

HP:4000*players
Attack:200 Chaos
Gold when killed: 2500
Special: Regenerates 100% of each attack in health. After 2 minutes into the fight, the zone Blademane disappears, voice of Arden says: "You dare to challege the lord of Darkness? You will pay! Go Blademane, slaughter them all!" Bladebane reappears and attacks 100% faster than before (200%).

This is about all I have right now. I'll probably post the waves I have done soon, but right now this is pretty much whats done and I really wanna take this game to be a decently playable map that gets a good review from this fantastic community and I'm really working hard on this map. I want to thank Pharaoh_ for helping me have a cleaner system for wave transitions. And ap0calypse for his leak checking and his input on how the map is going. Please tell me what you think about this, I have a lot of good ideas going into the map and I hope it's heading in the right direction!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.