• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

My new map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi all,
Umm,I am working on a map like dota,Im not sure what the name will be!It will be humans vs orcs.In the fist version there wont be much heroes,only one path,no creeps,no secret shop.no mega creep like roshan,not much items,there wont be any recipes and there will be a Human castle and an Orc Castle.Please give me suggestion's.And if someone want's to help me with this please tell me!:goblin_yeah::goblin_good_job:

Level 14
If you show an interesting description and make an interesting map with new things you will always have the concurency problem : many people make AOS(Aeon Of Strife) style map and dota will be alone able to make your map dissapear.

Last edited:
Level 28
I'm no fool not to know what is Aeon of Strife, i'm just pointing out that newbies doesn't really know what AoS is so they express the type as dota which is I'm also being annoyed, but thinking that they don't really have the knowledge and experience on modding or more exposure to other map types, I can't blame them for naming AoS as Dota.

Level 35
why do we need another dota?

i thought HoN and LoL and Dota 2 and Dota Allstars would perhaps satisfy people's lack of originality enough to prevent things like this from happening

then i thought that battleships and battletanks and that starcraft 2 version of dota which is in space and stuff would show that there are some new ways of doing it although it ends up being all the same

but this one really isn't even trying

there is no point to this map, it's just going to be an inferior version of the original and you're not even pretending to attempt to implement anything new

Level 12
DotA is not ment to be an 'original' map, it is a competetive game with many good teams. It is still a well-done map, and taking in consideration that the original map is old it was pretty original back when it was created. But yes, the genre AoS isn't called DotA. I don't think making another AoS map would be that good unless you do something special with it, maybe try mixing it with some other genre if possible.

Level 13
Well, hey there guyz,umm yea I stopped making this map!

-Why ?

Well there are alot maps like dota and its going to be boring if I do another one,so...

This week The Light Hammer 2 will be unleashed,I worked on this for 2 weeks even due I don't have time :/...The Light Hammer 1 was pretty shitty but this one wont be the same...It will have a good description(lol),cinematic's,quest's and the story will be better than the first one,Il do alot of updates now on the light hammer 1 so you have to play it first,because you wont understand some things....Anyway wish me good luck for the last chapter...!

Status
Not open for further replies.