• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
With lots of help from the amazing Rao Dao Zao, and using the Milk Shape 30-Day demo (I started yesterday), I've begun to craft some models. Not necessarily for War3, although this one is going to be.

PowerGenerator.jpg

It's around 350 polies, the orb on top rotates, and will have the particle effect attached.

PowerGenerator-1.jpg

PowerGenerator-2.jpg

PowerGenerator-3.jpg

PowerGenerator-5.jpg

PowerGenerator-6.jpg

EnergyScreen.jpg

powahwip-1.jpg

It's finished, except for animations

PlasmaCoil.jpg

It's rather self explanatory. Far too many polies.

Pyramid.jpg

The pyramid will fold out to reveal solar cells.
PowerStorage.jpg

Energy storage of a sorts.

Comments & whatnot welcome. My style was highly inspired my Rao's stuff, which can be found @ http://www.rdznet.com. I'm going to but Milkshape soon (only ~20$).

Last edited:
Level 3
The models (both concept and mesh) are way too simple, they lack 'style'...just a bunch of arranged 3D objects. The power station needs improvement. Like, something at the outline, that breaks its symmetry, or something that would look less childish.
The textures are creative, just too flat. You could give them a harder work. The wrapping could be better as well.
But you are doing good.
Keep up.

Level 3
That's better, but I still think it looks like a lever...
to be a power station it would need some building aspects, like windows or anything like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.