• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] My melee map got corrupted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I'm participating in the current Melee Map Contest #2 and somehow managed to get my map corrupted for the third time. All previous times I was able to salvage a backup version from the JNG folder, but this time all of these are corrupted aswell.

The map still works ingame, but crashes to desktop as soon as it is loaded in the editor. This leads me to believe it could still be salvaged somehow. Maybe I managed to unwillingly protect it or something? Is there a way to undo such a thing? Btw, I'm still using a rather old version of JassNewGen WE if that matters. Neither it nor the default WE can open the map without crashing.

Strangely enough, every time it happened after I removed a certain import (a global lighting effect that I wasn't even using) from my map and restarted my PC afterwards (it loaded fine before the restart). Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with it, but throwing it out there as a possibility.

Any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated. I would hate to have to drop out of the contest, since my map was going pretty well. I've uploaded it below.

Halp plox, I suck at this stuff :[

Attachments

• (2)Aetherium.w3x
    695.9 KB · Views: 36
@Blood Raven what did you do before it got corrupted?
Well, the usual process of adding stuff like doodads, terrain and stuff. I haven't imported anything new, besides one model, but that should be irrelevant.
I think it's the pc restart that triggered it. Like, I did something that corrupted something, but it could still load as long as I haven't cleared my cache or temporary folder, that happens after you restart. Explains why all 30 of my backups from today are corrupted too. I might sound like a total dumbass right now aswell, dunno :D

Well, the usual process of adding stuff like doodads, terrain and stuff. I haven't imported anything new, besides one model, but that should be irrelevant.
I think it's the pc restart that triggered it. Like, I did something that corrupted something, but it could still load as long as I haven't cleared my cache or temporary folder, that happens after you restart. Explains why all 30 of my backups from today are corrupted too. I might sound like a total dumbass right now aswell, dunno :D

The issue lies somewhere in your buffs. I removed the buff file and the map was able to load.

Attachments

• (2)Aetherium.w3x
    695.8 KB · Views: 30
The issue lies somewhere in your buffs. I removed the buff file and the map was able to load.
Thats weird, I haven't changed any buffs. I've changed only doodads and destructibles, and by the looks of it, all changes to the destructibles are gone. You sure you haven't deleted those instead?
Either way, I can't tell you how thankful I am. You saved me a lot of headaches just now. +repped :)

Thats weird, I haven't changed any buffs. I've changed only doodads and destructibles, and by the looks of it, all changes to the destructibles are gone. You sure you haven't deleted those instead?
Either way, I can't tell you how thankful I am. You saved me a lot of headaches just now. +repped :)

Yeah you're right it was the destructibles file (war3map.w3b).

Hmm. Interesting. I know that there are some ability data missing in the Editor by default as of 1.3.0, with certain abilities shown as "Unknown [RawDataId]" but I don't think that alone should corrupt the map, even if it was somehow connected to something that would be edited.
Well, the thing is I'm still at 1.26, so that couldn't be it :D
Yeah I'm too stubborn and lazy to update cuz I have my shit customized and it might break if I update them :D
Probably just set some value to something it was not supposed to be. I'll let you know once I'm done remaking my destructible data if it happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.