• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

my map crashes after saving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Yo guys i have again question to you. i recently noticed my map crashes after i save it but not always. im playing my map on bn with ppl today when i saved map on 30 minuts of game it crashed. when i go single player and save game it doesnt crash or when i go online and save it doesnt crash too or hardly ever like once a ten times saving games. what can be reason of crash cuz of saving game? any idea damn my map has this crash problem and ic ompletly dont know what can cause it gg is it broken forever and cant be fixed? i think i am the only guy who can fix it since i play it a lot of and im creator you cant fix it for me however u can give me tips i think its not possible for u to fix without playing

Level 14
The only time I noticed a crash-only-after-save bug was when I was working with custom lightning (set via triggers). Are you using lightning effects? I don't mean spells like chain lightning, I mean triggers that create a lightning effect.

On second thought, I believe I had problems with a trigger that added event conditions to a trigger as well. If you did either of those things, see if you can disable them and avoid the bug.

In those situations, I could save the bug, but as soon as I loaded it, it would crash. Is that what's happening to you?

Level 11
custom lighting? i dont think i am i dont excatly understant second thing you say could you give example of tigger like this? did you understant me well? i mean that i save game when playing map then crash

Level 14
There is a trigger that can create a lightning effect. If you were using it, you would know it. So let's rule that one out.

My question is this...when does the game crash? Does it crash when you save it? Does it crash when you load the game? Does it crash while you are playing but only after you've saved?

Level 11
it crashes after im playing it but not always one time i can save at 30 min of game then crash second time i save at 30 min of game no crash it also crashes at full house not in single player mode i cant even load map because wc3 gets freeze

Level 14
Do you ever use the action that says "Pan as necessary to <point>"? You can go to your object editor and look at "functions" tab. See if you use that action and change it.

If it's crashing in multiple player but not single player, that sounds like it might be a de-synch. That can happen with some JASS code that I don't understand, or with that action I referenced above. It could also happen with leaks; and multi-player probably creates leaks much faster than single player.

To know if you have leaks, quit the game sometime and see if the blank screen stays blank for 3-4 seconds or something. That is the game fixing the leaks at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.