• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My idea for a Hero Defense Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi! I'm new to this forum and the whole World Editor and I haven't really introduced myself yet. But I have been looking through some tutorials and pretty much learned the basics. Anyways, I have been working on a map today but I'm pretty stuck right now. I have the idea of the game planned but I don't really know how to deal with all the game mechanics using the triggers.

The things I've done so far I accomplished through logic and a bit help from a friend.

The thing is, I would need some help to make my triggers more clean, I've attached my pre beta version and if you open it you will see the basic concept of the game.

It's a 3 player game, you choose your hero from the tavern, there are three different types of heroes, defensive, aggressive, and healers. There are a teleport out and in from the castle grounds which is being attacked at first by rangers. Once the gate to the city is down, other creeps starts to spawn and try to take down the castle.

I will add tome-shops, weapon shops, bosses, more waves, more heroes and ofc a bit more pleasant terrain.

So go ahead, give me pointers not on my idea, but what I should do to improve the game, I don't want to do a full makeover but some trigger mechanics could definitely be made smoother.

Thanks in advance! Also, don't be scared to edit my version and re-upload it with your changes, I really need help to understand the World Editor as I'm new to it and I haven't read that many tutorials yet.

EDIT 1: I think the teleport out/in system could be made better with only one portal, but I dont know how to do it so that it has a cooldown. Five seconds should be enough.

Attachments

• CoL v 0.1.w3x
    60.2 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.