• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

my first terrian piece haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
well you guys are all gonna laugh or make fun of my first attempt at art but here it is

Myart.jpg

Ive updated this due to the fact of everyone making fun of me. The theme is a maze but its an overgrown forest so the pathway is blocked at this angle. In the maze there are many traps as tripwires, bonsai troopers, mines, and many more.

Last edited:
Level 7
Hey! i can see the end of the world from here!

you need some serious fog, and some hill / mountians int he backround. your grass looks a bit spammy, trim it a bit down. and use UTM custom trees becasue they dont suck XD
im also guessing that the lump of earth the blocks out part of the view is supposed to be there o_O may get rid of that or change it a bit so it goes accros the screen instead of a portion.

Level 36
You shouldnt say that this is your first attemt on terrain art if your making this for a playable map... <.< Terrain art is something very different! :p

< Inserts hideous spam of lulz here >

Anyways, those trees and that grass dont go well together, while im on it, dont use those trees, their aweful! :p Also, yes, you should have some fog, if only for the sake of making this screenshot in particulare look better, and some other sky, that one is a shame. And you need some more hight variety. And thats about it, though dont let the end of the world be viewable! :p

Level 7
raid1000, you never gave me moral boosters :mad:

its improving, try using fog.... and the canopy trees look fugly from this angle, but thats not your fault.
i tihnk more rocks and less spamz of grass.
it not bad at all though for a playable map, can you post an in game screen?

Level 11
Heyyy, don't be so harsh. This is one of his first terrains. No, it didn't take him 4 seconds to him. Yeah, maybe to you, but this guy clearly just started out. Nobody "dissed" it because they know it's not the most ugliest thing for a beginner! This could have taken him a lot of time to make, it's not that easy, you have to understand it.

Level 10
I'm sry blood for failing you lol. This took me actually a few days to get to look perfect then reediting it took me a whole day of looking around messing with stuff. I'm new to fog so can someone explain how to add cuz i did in map desction. Thanks everyone for your comments. I know how blizzard trees looks horrible at First person camera but my map has no room to import much custom models. Ill try to fix it up more if i could

Level 5
I think you need more rocks on the ground with some shrub near it and flowers. Also maybe add in a few critters. And also maybe change the sky but u dont have to coz i reckon the sky doesnt match ur environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.