• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Basic Terraining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again another first.. My first attempt at creating environments.

I wanted to create some environments.. Very basic ones using no custom models. I am not attempting at combining several doodads to make any big structures. I just want to do basic Wc3 environments.

The Southshore Screenshots have been replaced.

1. Cenarius' burial site.. The two dryads are visiting. You can see a few forest spirits in the back.

2. The main path down the heart of Darkshore.. This area happens to be overgrown with plants and several animals are wandering around it.

3 and 4 have been removed.

5. A father and his son visiting a Lake near by their old town, Andorhal. (Pre-Scourge Invasion)

6. A closer view of the waterfall.

7. *One bad decision can lead to disaster*.. A ship about to fall of a cliff >.<

8. Arthas and Anub'arak are watching the gates of Azjol'Nerub.

9. A Jungle Troll Temple in Stranglethorn Vale. (Note: Created before I fond out that Blizzard cliffs are a "No-no".)

Last edited:
Level 9
You're off to a good start.

You might want to smooth out the terrain a little bit.
Blizzard's models don't look that great, not your fault, but keep that in mind when working on future terrains.
You can see the edge of the map in the Southshore terrain, might want to add a little more beyond that.
Try some different tree models and see what you get.

Level 36
Hmm I like the first ashenvale one, the winterspring one is the best you could put it in a map too, the dungeon one is nice and the very last one is nice (but don't use blizzard cliffs). The ones with the child and man are ok. The rest could use some work.

Last edited:
Level 34
Not bad. The ice one is my favorite. I suggest you read some tutorials and look at other peoples work.

Also I suggest refraining from Blizzard cliffs. They are a no-no.

Status
Not open for further replies.