• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

My first terrain ever-N3M3$YZ

How is my terrain?

• Good

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Very good

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It sux

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Not too good

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Pretty good

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I hope you will like it.
If you consider this enough good for a rookie i will make other terains.

WC3ScrnShot_012108_210419_01 copy.jpg

Level 24
By me... said:
Originally Posted by From Killfest2's Melee Map Tutorial
DO:
o Include a minimap
o Provide a description of the basic ideas incorporated in your map
o Highlight appropriate team formats for your map
o Say anything that is unique about your map which may encourage downloads
o Proof-read your submission for grammar mistakes

DON’T:
o Say it’s your first map in the hope you will receive sympathy in voting/comments
o Be ‘up yourself’ in your map - eg. Don’t say ‘Best map ever’ or something like that
o Not provide a description at all
o Highlight the bad things in your map
o Say ‘all comments/recommendations please send to…’ – no-one will bother

That point i just made bold does actually fit into all kinds of catagories of stuff, keep that in mind next time. Also those new peeps showing new stuff...

and some tips:
1. variate with tiles
2. variate with hight (hight tool)
3. when terraining it usually looks best with raise hight cliffs (looks more realistic) instead of those normal ones (best for playable maps due to vision advantage), sometimes even a mix can be good.
4. add a focus on something special in the terrain (for example a waterfall or road or big tree or bridge).
5. read more tutorials they might help ;)

Level 34
Pretty much an average first terrain. Have you tried looking at any of the terrains on the site? MadseN is my personal favorite terrainer. Tassadoom on wc3c is also an awesome terrainer.

Level 6
The cliffs were a bit to... perfect. They need a more randomized look to it. I suggest that you replace the trees on the cliffs with either shrubs or rocks. As Nudl9 said, terrain variation is a good thing. Adding texture variation creates a focus on an area. Also, it's kind of weird that there's mushrooms growing in a dry climate like the barrens. I also see that you have some tropical plants in there. I highly suggest you remove them since it looks weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.