• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

My First Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey this is my first skin.. I did it with Paint and copied nothing sense I dont know how to do.

Dont leave harrasing comments like it sucks instead u coud say what I shoud improve.

And yes I know it sucks. but as I sad it is my first and u will help me if u say what to improve on it.

Last edited:

Em!

Em!

Level 25
Uhm yeah lol, don´t use paint it´ll get you nowhere and you´ll never be able to do any quality work, either gimp or paintshop/photoshop

Oh and never post your first skin, follow tutorials once your set up with a decent skin you can post it and ask how to improve.

Level 9
Ok thanks, I have actualy downloaded Photo Shop and I use it to Transform the file from TGA to JPG and JPG to TGA :p but I think it is hard to paint with it..so..and I also only have 3 days left trial.. So I think I will try to find GIMP. Thank you very much guys I am starting my next skinn now

Em!

Em!

Level 25
This is the unwrap or the flat skin of the abomination. Post the unwrap of your work. You do know how to extract them from the wc3viewer, afterwards you edit those flat skins in order to skin your new skin which you then you save, post that which you saved *the unwrap :cute:*.

To attach them go to *go advanced were you post* and upload the pic from your computer, its next to the post quick reply below the box in which you type your messages.

Attachments

• Abomination.JPG
    Abomination.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 143
Level 9
Ok I found out how to do it Thanks very much everybody.

Here comes monk medivh on the medivh model

4451-monkmedivh-copy.jpg

And here is my Marine that I cant figure out why he dont work in the game

4454-dont-know-why-but-i-cant-get-him-work-game.jpg

And here is my arcane infernal on the infernal model wich has a normal fire sense I dont know how to remove that or change colour of the fire.

4452-infernal-copy-done.jpg

And here a Blood necromancer put on the normal necromancer model wich I think....looked nice on the unwrap but not when it is stuck on a model...then it almost looks like the normal :p

4455-blood-necromancer.jpg

Here is my newest skin..It is proudmoore but a little.....weird...

I'd try to make him a pirate but ended up making him a drowned pirate :p

4453-my-6th-skinn.jpg

on the proudmoore model.. looks weird with the beard but I dont know how to remove it nor do I know how to make a good looking beard :p

Can you please tell me if any of them is good enought to release?

Level 9
The marine has shadows and highlights

And do you say that my medivh for example hes hat doesnt have any highlight or shadows?

Level 9
Guys these are my first 5 editings and I got no turtorial on how to paint or blend or anything
just how to be able to create a custom skinn so be a little fair.
Digital color blending technique (mouse friendly) - video tutorial
Color blending technique illustrated - Wc3campaigns

I encourage you to watch TDR's blending tutorials (videos) and learn from it.
I did it so I could ditch the smudge tool.

Ok thanks

Anybody know how to blend colours with GIMP?

Last edited:
Ok I am sorry but you seem unwilling to take any advice. Dont post here if you arent going to listen to anything. Go to the first page of this thread and click the "anti-noobism texturing" link in his signature. It is a good tutorial for all of you noobies out ther to read and get started doing some stuff that doesnt look like shit.

Reactions: Em!
Level 9
ok thanks :D, may I ask what that Avatar is?....he looks kinda.......I am just wondering.........Is it you?

Level 9
Thanks.

Nice Dragon Ball and sonic models there, not many people can make good ones but your's are very good actualy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.