• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My first (a bit) serious attempt to make terrain art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
So here it is! My first serious attempt to make terrain art! There are 3 pictures, they are at the same spot but in different angles. I was going to use some critters on the seafloor but something went wrong with the importing so i just skipped that.

Please don't be to hard on me, I'm a begginer! But still say what you think ;)

Attachments

• UnderWater.jpg
    UnderWater.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 214
  • UnderWater2.jpg
    UnderWater2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 194
  • UnderWater3.jpg
    UnderWater3.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 188
Level 36
Needless to say, it's been done before. But it doesn't look bad, I guess. More tile variation would be nice, and perhaps more interesting placement of doodads. Try to cover up more of the ground, especially with rocks and such. Don't forget that the ocean floor is rarely flat and is mostly jagged.

Level 7
lower thins again, in the third pic i can see the rock on the left floating, unless you live in monty python land, rocks dont float in water. its looking better, i say look at water pictures, under water, there anrt gaitn peaces of coral, make them smallther and add lots of tiny rocks, rockf erode and weather in water, plus there arnt large hills of sand under water, make the hills and raies land rocks or just makes them doodad rocks, i mean small banks can be sand, but the constatn current under water makes it impossible fora sand dund to exsist. its getting better. :)

Level 10
Needless to say, it's been done before. But it doesn't look bad, I guess. More tile variation would be nice, and perhaps more interesting placement of doodads. Try to cover up more of the ground, especially with rocks and such. Don't forget that the ocean floor is rarely flat and is mostly jagged.
2 things i don't understand yet... What is tile variation and what do you mean with "jagged".

lower thins again, in the third pic i can see the rock on the left floating, unless you live in monty python land, rocks dont float in water. its looking better, i say look at water pictures, under water, there anrt gaitn peaces of coral, make them smallther and add lots of tiny rocks, rockf erode and weather in water, plus there arnt large hills of sand under water, make the hills and raies land rocks or just makes them doodad rocks, i mean small banks can be sand, but the constatn current under water makes it impossible fora sand dund to exsist. its getting better. :)
Ok, I'll lower the rock on pic 3 and try to make less hills ;)

If it's not good enough now I will just stop with this...

Attachments

• UnderWater.jpg
    UnderWater.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 332
  • UnderWater2.jpg
    UnderWater2.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 344
  • UnderWater3.jpg
    UnderWater3.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 329
Level 10
I've added a little more tile variation now (A LITTLE) and i made the shark smaller so that it's not bigger then the ship. I personaly don't think that it looks as good as it did before when i made the shark smaller... But tell me what you think...

Attachments

• UnderWater.jpg
    UnderWater.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 67
  • UnderWater2.jpg
    UnderWater2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 66
  • UnderWater3.jpg
    UnderWater3.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 86
Level 7
I ... DON'T BE AFRAID TO SPAM STUFF! Ahh, better.

somthing tells me hes doent need to be told not to spam stuff...

i should of am de myself clear, i was hoping you would of kept the shark that size and made the boat bigger o_O this way you can have a major object for people to focus on

Status
Not open for further replies.