• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] My Dummy unit seems to have a delay before it fires the spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've created a "Passive Ability" that triggers using Bribe's damage detection. Essentially whenever the Druid of the Claw attacks a unit and the trigger is active, the unit takes 25 Damage +5% of the Druid's Maximum Health and is stunned for 1 second (Hero) and 2 seconds (Unit)

The issue is that while the ability is working and the damage goes through, the dummy unit that's created does use the dummy version of the Storm bolt ability and does stun the target- a little slightly late. It seems to be taking about half a second or slightly less than that to actually stun the target, while the damage has already been dealt.

I'll post the trigger itself, the unit, the dummy ability (Bare in mind that I've revamped the trigger several times so the one I'm posting here is just a smaller version I've created just to demonstrate that it seems slightly off)

Apologies if I've messed up the formatting, the upload etc, this is my first time using Hive and I'm inexperienced with the Trigger Editor

The Trigger itself:

Iw7bEGn.png

The Cooldown:

6pX8vAs.png

This is the Storm bolt spell that the Dummy uses:

MiBDSQF.png

Here is the Dummy (I've taken a picture mostly of the movement speeds, etc):

KOQNOvy.png

Last edited:
Level 1
You have to change some of the values of the dummy further up. I don't remember exactly which ones but I think it's animation backswing and propulsion window or something. Change them both to 0 and try again.

Yup, that did it. Thanks a lot! So what should I do if this issue is solved? Do I edit the title to have a fixation of [Solved]? +4 Rep that was really helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.