• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Bios Does Not Load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
The bios on my desktop does not load – most of the times. I am currently booting my computer by pressing the restart button until it starts – which makes me doubt if any of the hardware is damaged, since everything works just fine after it is booted. I have to do this about 10-20 times before the bios loads.

I usually boot my computer once a day... Today I have run all the anti virus software I have, so we'll see if it works tomorrow. I am not going to risk turning it off just yet...

I am not very experienced with computers and stuff, so I though I'd ask here. Anyone know any possible cause or solution? : >

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Could you clarify what you mean when you say your BIOS doesn't load?

Level 9
if it's not a hardware problem, than take out the CMOS battery and put it back to reset the BIOS settings to default ones.

Level 19
After troubleshooting and doing some tests I have now figured out it was actually my monitor being an ass... For some reason it does not always detect my computers signal. I have tried it on two computers, and it is the same thing on both. I started suspecting the monitor was broken when I recently booted my computer with yet again a black screen, but then hearing the quite annoying windows booting sound. : >

Anyway, the monitor I have is Samsung Syncmaster 226 BW. When I turn it on, the reset button flashes, but it detects no signal. When it finally (due to me messing around) detects the signal the reset button is just lightned. I have no slightest clue what the reason is for my monitor acting like this is. I have tried to google my problem, but I can't find any solutions. Maybe this is a problem other monitors tend to have aswell?

Level 15
The beep is not the BIOS, the BIOS makes a beep.

and also, some beeps are harddrives or graphics cards, and sometimes those still go when the board is broken.

Too bad for the monitor though, might have to get a new one, check Newegg, they have pretty good prices.

Get one of those 2ms ones too ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.