• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My ability doesn't show cooldown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I set my item that has a cast able ability on self. The cooldown is 5 seconds and works, but you can't see the cooldown. It shows that it's usable again but if you use it within the 5 seconds it wont allow until the 5 seconds are up. Anyone know what the issue is here?

Also, I created the trigger below to activate the blood lust ability of the ability. But it doesn't seem to make the unit grow larger via data scaling) It only applies the bloodlust, any idea what the issue is?

• Bllood lust
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Rugarus Blood Lust Fix (item)
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: yes
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Bloodlust (Neutral Hostile 1) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game

Last edited:
Level 12
Anyone able to help with the scaling issue?

• Bllood lust
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
The trigger fires and creates the dummy unit but it doesn't use the ability on the target unit.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
How about checking if the dummy unit has mana, if it doesn't, then nothing will happen, you should remove the mana cost on the ability anyway, and set the art animation cast backswing and cast point to 0 for instant cast.

Level 12
There is no target unit in response to a unit finishes casting an ability event. Instead use the Unit Starts the effect of an ability event.

• Bllood lust
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
still not working :/

Level 7
I set my item that has a cast able ability on self.
If your item ability is an instant cast, you must change:
to this:
  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust (Triggering unit)
Where you need to replace (Target unit of ability being cast) with (Triggering unit)

Also you could change this:
  • Wait 2.00 seconds
to this:
  • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.