• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Must ask before publishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Some time ago i came here and asked about an altered melee without nightelves at Idea Factory. Well time has past and i have continued working on that. It turned into a overhaul of Wc3 melee with Nightelves getting replaced by High Elves. Anyways now i want to release it finally but i must ask first about:
1. What i have done has easily exceeded the 8mb map limit. So i have discovered this solution:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/graveyard-209/create-8mb-map-mui-161948/#post1515756
Via following that i have managed to produce a total conversion that has approximately 25MB of new data but the maps itself remain approximately 1,5 MB each. What i have simply done is put every mdx and button in a folder called 'exporte' inside Wc3 folder and issue the filepaths appropriately in the editor at the maps.
To be able to play the map(s) properly you will need to follow the steps up there in the tutorial and download a .rar(or .zip) with this exporte folder inside it that i will place somewhere in the net or here at hiveworkshop and place it inside your wc3 install path so you can see the new unit,icons and buildings at all.
Also it miraculously worked over LAN multiplay. What works over LAN will function in Hamachi and Garena too.
However i am not sure if it works over Battle.net internet play,so i must know if there is any issue with this method,or if it has been done at all before ?
2. My map isnt in English(but in German) so i want to know if non-english would be tolerated ?
If no then i will need someone else to translate. I know and can speak english well enough for performing a translation BUT i dont want to go through the whole process again because i got tired of doing the same thing over and over again.
3. The map(s) will not be containing any customized AI,so it will be pure PlayervsPlayer. Actually only the default Human Ai is working,and then like a beast,better than ever before. Would an altered melee map without AI be something acceptable ?
--
EDIT: Since it became obvious to me that none has even a clue what im talking about attached the .rar and 4 maps. Instructions are at Readme in .rar too
I hope it works..

Attachments

• exporte.rar
    13.2 MB · Views: 77
  • (4)FloodPlainsXI.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
  • (4)TwistedMeadowsXI.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • (2)TirisfalGladesXI.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • (6)StromguardeXI.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 55