• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Tradeprince War - Goblins vs Dwarves Hero Arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Well, ladies and gentlemen. I've been trying to create a hero wars map. Since i couldn't find any good ones to modify or learn from, I simply decided to throw them away and make one from scratch. As a result of this, I've got a shitload of bugs.

I can't really call me an expert at map creation, to be honest. I'm an amateur.
I work because it's fun. However i think i need help from a more experienced person. So i went here.

This is the classical hero wars style though. Pick a hero, crush the enemy base.
Like a one-lane dota.

Here's the story, btw.
"You stand at the forefront of the Trade Princes and their ever expanding empire. Those mischievous goblins lust for power is neverending. After a most unfortunate event the goblins has declared war against a opposing dwarven clan."

It's pretty simple.. But yeah. if you find this project interesting and want to help. Please do. I seriously need help. XD
(If you're wondering why the map name is named "Shizbop" It's simply because it was easier to find in my map folder)

Here's the link to the map: http://rapidshare.com/files/254620860/Shizbop_Beta_0.8.rar

Last edited:
Level 4
Use the pastebin or even upload it to this thread, that's possible and its easier for the users to just clic and download, than open an entire other page...

Level 4
There's no need to be rude...
I just couldn't download it because "there were no space for free users" or something like that XD in rapidshare...

Level 26
Wait, that was rude?

I asked for help and waited a few minutes. Instead i get a reply complaining and asking me to upload my file to the site. I mean, how hard could it be? Click the link, wait. Download. If the link doesn't work the first time, refresh the page and try downloading again.

I was expecting response that was releated to my map, the content.
This is a bug there, that is a bug there.. you can do this better and that better.

A post like that.
About the map.. Aren't there a single dude interested in helping me?

Level 11
Bro, chillax. Ppl here are just used to having the file downloaded from here, links to other sites might not even be download but viruses and shit you never noe. He wasnt being rude, he just stated a fact that would have more ppl download your map because alot of ppl wont go to another site to download a map when there here.

I understand where your coming from, ill take a look at your map. I would recomend posting some ingame screen shots cause alot of ppl here have ADD or are on a sugar fiend so they like bright colors, and it attracts them to download maps and give reviews.

Will edit when I have tested the map.

Ok, well I like the look of the map, I havent seen a hero wars game made with that kind of tileset so its new and interesting which is good.
1 bug, goblins are dwarfs and dwarfs are goblins (not heros, the units sent out to feed heros)
I like the towers and home bases,

The ability icons are not set correctly, they look very awakward.
I recomend:http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/herotavern.php

Also towers over powered.

Also, please dont but tomes in your map, because it kills the game and makes in newbish like hero wars. This isnt 2005 anymore. You should make all your abilities do damage equal to amount of strength or agility or inteligence, and have items like that. Tomes just kill the game from my experience.

Will be looking forward to your next map release.

Level 4
Wait, that was rude?

I asked for help and waited a few minutes. Instead i get a reply complaining and asking me to upload my file to the site. I mean, how hard could it be? Click the link, wait. Download. If the link doesn't work the first time, refresh the page and try downloading again.

I was expecting response that was releated to my map, the content.
This is a bug there, that is a bug there.. you can do this better and that better.

A post like that.
About the map.. Aren't there a single dude interested in helping me?

Yeah, you're right, and I'm aplologize for that.
Well... I already download the map, but... well I can't play XD long history, I'll try it this afternoon and tell you what I think.

Level 26
Bro, chillax. Ppl here are just used to having the file downloaded from here, links to other sites might not even be download but viruses and shit you never noe. He wasnt being rude, he just stated a fact that would have more ppl download your map because alot of ppl wont go to another site to download a map when there here.

I understand where your coming from, ill take a look at your map. I would recomend posting some ingame screen shots cause alot of ppl here have ADD or are on a sugar fiend so they like bright colors, and it attracts them to download maps and give reviews.

Will edit when I have tested the map.

Ok, well I like the look of the map, I havent seen a hero wars game made with that kind of tileset so its new and interesting which is good.
1 bug, goblins are dwarfs and dwarfs are goblins (not heros, the units sent out to feed heros)
I like the towers and home bases,

The ability icons are not set correctly, they look very awakward.
I recomend:http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/herotavern.php

Also towers over powered.

Also, please dont but tomes in your map, because it kills the game and makes in newbish like hero wars. This isnt 2005 anymore. You should make all your abilities do damage equal to amount of strength or agility or inteligence, and have items like that. Tomes just kill the game from my experience.

Will be looking forward to your next map release.

That's what i'm talking about.

As for the goblin into dwarves problem and vice versa. I was in a hurry to change them. I must have uploaded the wrong map. Still, not much is changed in the new one. I fixed the obvious bug and went on with trying to fix the duel system.

For some reason it only picks one dude. One from team 1 or one from team 2.
I suppose i'll try and get it working.

As for the "No tomes" idea. What do ya suggest? dota like items or something? I gotta empower the heroes somehow. I suppose that's another thing to work on. Then again. I can keep the tomes i have there however. If you play long enough and wait for them to restock each time.. you've earned it.

The ones ingame has a long cooldown before being able to be bought again.
Oh and btw. I sampled some pics from Mr. Goblins screenshot thread for his goblin game. I'm off to beg for mercy and see if would be in the mood to help me..

If that doesn't work he'll prob. kill me. XD

Anyways, play long enough for the duel to come up.. test it with multiple players. Doesn't work with computer players. I made it so that only those who choose their heroes count when being selected in the arena.

The duel was originally made so that all players could get selected, including the players that now serves as the spawns for the dudes who runs into their deaths. So yeah. If you get an idea or point out some flaws with some design of the triggers. Tell me. Constructive critisim is always appreciated.

It helps me learn. I was originally thinking about making it in jass.. but my experience with jass is nonexistant. So far, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.