• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music help with high priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

I am going to make a game and i need an original soundtrack for it. The music i need made is Half-Life themed. I'll need to make it myself so can someone guide me to some tutorials or teach me yourself?

I'll say some examples of what i'm trying to copy from:

Vague Voices
Steam in the Pipes
Traveling through Limbo
Dimensionless Deepness
Threatening
(All these are from Prospero)
Highway 17 (Theme)
Brane Scan
A Red Letter Day (Theme)
Sand Traps (Theme)

I can't finish this list because i'm in a hurry. (Real Life)

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

Making an original soundtrack will cost you several thousands of euro. Perhaps you could check some stock music instead?
What? I won't hire anyone if that's what you mean. I'm going to make it myself.

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

I don't have a mac (Yet) and i do have Fruity Loops. So i have another question for everyone here.

How do i make the instrumental version of Linkin Park's song "Numb" in fl studio? And please spare me from the Memes.

Level 19
Umm, if it's a recreation you're gonna do, it's still not an original soundtrack.

For the question, check out free plugins.

Piano ->
It's one of the best among the free plugins

You can easily find the right sound for the synth in the beginning within FL's own plugins.

For the guitar, I don't know many good ones, since I can record mine.

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

Umm, if it's a recreation you're gonna do, it's still not an original soundtrack.

For the question, check out free plugins.

Piano ->
It's one of the best among the free plugins

You can easily find the right sound for the synth in the beginning within FL's own plugins.

For the guitar, I don't know many good ones, since I can record mine.

I mean, i am going to make a soundtrack but i need to do some practice first.

I'll consider getting the plugin. But i need more to get in touch with the rest of LP's music-style. Is there anymore you can recommend?

EDIT: Wait, never mind i want to do the Half-Life like tracks instead. (For practice)

Last edited by a moderator:

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

Just search what you need, google will show many. Find what fits your taste the best.
But i don't know what to search for. How does the tracks sound like? What instruments?

Can you listen to one and diagnose it's instruments?

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

What I know are, Electric Guitars, that synth like instrument for the melody, vocals, piano, bass guitar. Should be all these. Maybe a few additions as well, idk :D
You know some people here who can these sort of things?

An example?

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

How about making an instrumental? There is vocal versions of the song so you can use the original singers voice.

And your voice couldn't be that bad for everyone else right?
And about me. I would like the guitar for now. Can the Slayer input(Or what it's called) make it?

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

YyY

If i can't use Slayer, what can i use then?

EDIT: You know Access to Arasaka?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
If i can't use Slayer, what can i use then?

There's EWQL Ministry of Rock, Evolution Electric Guitar - Strawberry (You'll need Kontakt for this), Electri6ity (Also needs Kontakt), etc. Even then, you'd need virtual amps like Guitar Rig, Amplitube, ReValver etc. All of these are not free but you'll be getting top notch quality.

On their own, without fancy automatons and pitch bending, they're competent sounding. But if you want them to sound realistic as possible, then you'd have to learn how to automate stuff. Now this one can vary between DAWs.

But if you want something that's free, Private Hell Rhythm Guitar (This needs Kontakt though I'm not sure if you can use it with the free version) should be good coupled with TSE808, FreeAmp, keFIR, with impulses from GuitarHacks. They're not the best and they'll sound artificial to trained ears, and you really can't do fancy stuff with these, but if you're going to use them for backing, they should be more than enough to get the job done.

As for your lead guitar, you can always use DVS Guitar and just distort it and add some heavy reverb to make it sound somewhat realistic. Good thing is that this VST allows you to do some automation so you can pretty much get away with using this as a lead. It sounds terrible on its own, though.

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

I'll see to it.

Now when the hours has past then let me show some tracks that i want to imitate from Half-Life 2.

We can start with this.
I want to know the instruments that are used here that's all. I know that if i remake some already made songs then i'll learn how to do original compositions right?

Making my own original soundtrack might be hard but i need to do this anyhow anyway.

Level 5
Sounds like something made from scratch using Omnisphere.

But if you don't want to tinker with a whole bunch of engineering guff, you can just make do with the ambient pads from Evolve Mutations (This needs Kontakt).

Pads like that can easily be (almost, anyway) replicated by default synthesizers of your DAW. How to do that is entirely up to you.

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

I rather want to make tracks with what i got thank you.

What instruments are here?

And NightStalker, how does your cover go?

Level 5
I rather want to make tracks with what i got thank you.

What instruments are here?

That's all well and good but that way lies musical stagnancy. But you do you.

As for the instruments, rather than just asking, why not replicating it on your own? That way, you can get yourself attuned on how synthesizers work?

Status
Not open for further replies.