• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mushroom Arena V2.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Mushroom Arena. Author:snake32

Mash 45 green mushrooms to win.
The blue mushrooms gives mana and gold and does not counts as the green ones does. The boss("mushroom protector") is meant to put something "extra"(the serpent wards is created out of the same purpose) into the game, so that you dont just walk around and kill players and mash mushrooms... but he drops usefull items.

I uploaded this map cause I need to hear whats bad and good with it, so i can improve it :D

Credits to:
#Olof Moleman has created the Darth Vader model and all textures and stuffs along with it.
#Daniel Ohlsson (aka Kuhneghetz / Dan van Ohllus) has created the Super Mario model and all textures and stuffs along with it.

Keywords:
mushroom,arena,darth,vader,super,mario.
Contents

Mushroom Arena V2.1 (Map)

Reviews
10:26, 21st Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2: After reading the reviews of both mini mods, I get this conclusion: - Highly imbalanced - Poor Object editor work - Poor terrain Clearly, Rejected.

M

10:26, 21st Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2:
After reading the reviews of both mini mods, I get this conclusion:

- Highly imbalanced
- Poor Object editor work
- Poor terrain

Clearly, Rejected.

Level 24
Hello I'm here to review your map.
Don't worry I'm a good mod and person,so to say!

*EDIT*

Well,firstly the concept the idea were great :grin::thumbs_up:.
But it's a bit funky since those goddamn mines and boss ruin all the fun!:hohum:

Criteria:
[+]Cute map:cute:
[+]Small sized,fit for your mini-game genre!
[+]I can't describe it as fun,due to a reason which I'll underline it ; but it's great,to be chased by a boss while killing the others and mashing mushrooms!
[+]Proper credits were given
[+]Wow,has a loading screen!
[/]Well,the Vader skin isn't working!:hohum:
[/]Why add just Mario and Vader,why not the whole bunch?
This is my frist serious [-] that I ever gave so pay attention:
[-]Mines:they ruin the whole game,they are massed to 1000,they kill everybody,you own if you get mines and it just ruins the game!

Also,to teach you or to tell you the trick,you just lay down a mine in a place teeming with mushrooms,and attack it,upon death => all mushrooms die and you get a giant score and kill the others!
[-]The purpose of the boss was clear,but I managed to kill him in Single Player :smile:,make him respawn!

Final
Unapproved
Sorry man,but it's in the rules that a map must be playable ,those mines ruin the whole game!
Score - just as a normal user
Well since I'm both mod and user,as user I'll give you a 4 rating,since the map is actually good!
My advice and I'm on your side,remove the mines,make the boss respawn from time to time,if someone manages to kill him!
Do that and you'll get a pretty score!

Keep up to good mapping,you rock!

Last edited:
Level 14

Bugs

- This game has no major bugs as far as I'm aware of.

- The Hero Altar is missing a DISBTN Icon for the Plumber hero and the Dark Lord.

- The Dark Lord is not selectable. You have to select him via F5 or the Hero Icon in the top, left corner of the screen.

The Review

- The terrain is descent, nothing good but alright enough for a mini game.

- The gameplay is rather weak. All heroes have the same 4 abilities that they receive within seconds of starting the game, only thing different is the name and the icon.

- Once you get the Ring of Regeneration or the Sobi Mask you become overpowered. If you get the Sobi Mask and stand near the safe house(altar of mushrooms?) you can just spam chain lighting and stuns on enemy players and kill them all easily.

- There is no music(something a mini game should always have) and there are no game mods.

- The mines you are supposed to get when you kill an enemy player can easily be gotten by buying Healing Wards, placing them and then 1-hit killing them.

- The mines are somewhat overpowered. Even though they don't do any damage to the actual units and have a low AoE there are still a thousand of them which you can use to destroy all the mushrooms.

Overall
- A descent mini game that has some minor flaws but overall is useful.

My Advice
- Fix the Dark Lord, add a DISBTN for the Dark Lord and for the Plumber.

- Add some more spell variety. Having the same 4 spells on every hero doesn't make any difference what hero you have because they are all the same.

- Try modifying the terrain and adding something nice and interesting on the borders of the map.

- Despite what NearbyHermit said, don't make the boss respawn. Even though I imagine it would be easy killing him on single player(just blink to that safe square in the lower, left part of the map and spam chain lightning) it isn't on multiplayer because if you waste your time on the boss you lose on mushroom count so the player should make a choice between removing the boss or racing to the finish.

- Reduce the mine count. I admit that they don't make too much of an effect but I would still recommend giving the First Blood guy 50 mines or less. A thousand is just too much.

- Add more game mods, they always make the game more fun.

- Add some fast paced music in the background. That always gives mini games their signature.

Score
- Useful 3/5, and I'm being a bit generous. The lack of spell variety and the lack of any game mods or sounds makes this mini game low quality. However it is still rather good and has potential to be great. Approved, of course.

Level 24

Bugs

- This game has no major bugs as far as I'm aware of.

- The Hero Altar is missing a DISBTN Icon for the Plumber hero and the Dark Lord.

- The Dark Lord is not selectable. You have to select him via F5 or the Hero Icon in the top, left corner of the screen.

The Review

- The terrain is descent, nothing good but alright enough for a mini game.

- The gameplay is rather weak. All heroes have the same 4 abilities that they receive within seconds of starting the game, only thing different is the name and the icon.

- Once you get the Ring of Regeneration or the Sobi Mask you become overpowered. If you get the Sobi Mask and stand near the safe house(altar of mushrooms?) you can just spam chain lighting and stuns on enemy players and kill them all easily.

- There is no music(something a mini game should always have) and there are no game mods.

- The mines you are supposed to get when you kill an enemy player can easily be gotten by buying Healing Wards, placing them and then 1-hit killing them.

- The mines are somewhat overpowered. Even though they don't do any damage to the actual units and have a low AoE there are still a thousand of them which you can use to destroy all the mushrooms.

Overall
- A descent mini game that has some minor flaws but overall is useful.

My Advice
- Fix the Dark Lord, add a DISBTN for the Dark Lord and for the Plumber.

- Add some more spell variety. Having the same 4 spells on every hero doesn't make any difference what hero you have because they are all the same.

- Try modifying the terrain and adding something nice and interesting on the borders of the map.

- Despite what NearbyHermit said, don't make the boss respawn. Even though I imagine it would be easy killing him on single player(just blink to that safe square in the lower, left part of the map and spam chain lightning) it isn't on multiplayer because if you waste your time on the boss you lose on mushroom count so the player should make a choice between removing the boss or racing to the finish.

- Reduce the mine count. I admit that they don't make too much of an effect but I would still recommend giving the First Blood guy 50 mines or less. A thousand is just too much.

- Add more game mods, they always make the game more fun.

- Add some fast paced music in the background. That always gives mini games their signature.

Score
- Useful 3/5, and I'm being a bit generous. The lack of spell variety and the lack of any game mods or sounds makes this mini game low quality. However it is still rather good and has potential to be great. Approved, of course.

Why do you review my map?