• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Imperium V2.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
After months of blood, sweat and tears, this map is finished. Please direct all comments/sugestions/mindlessinsulting to [email protected].

The game starts up on a fresh land never disurbed by human activity. Time to do some disturbing! Choose to be either a European, Far Eastern or Middle Eastern civilisation, growing and conquering all others in your path. There is no repick option added at this moment, i may add one later but for now, choose wisely.
The game consists of three stages; the Medival age, the Imperial age and the Modern age. Both gold and lumber are generated at your central building, but you can generate more. For gold, build inferstructure such as housing and shops. Lumber is generated by both mines, which you can capture, and foundries.

If you start on water you will be unable to play the game. When choosing your civilisation, keep in mind the advantages of each one. For instance, while the Middle East generates a large income in the medival age, it has a low income and bad tanks in the modern one.

V0.9: This is a quick version to fix worker bug. Sorry for the problems caused to gameplay. Next version will include navies, work to models/model size and bugs that are found.

V1.2: Navies are here! Fixed various bugs including the imperial barracks bug and the conquer glitch. If you find bugs let me know!

V1.5b: Added flying units and modern ships.

V1.7: Added technology upgrades, and allowed lower level buildings to upgrade into more modern ones

V1.9: Added unit upgrades and made it easier to move into the next era. I am all out of ideas for more features to add, so dont hesitate to point some out.

1.9b: Made starting whisps invulnerable, worked on balancing.

2.1: Removed the non-working conquer option, and replaced it with an allying/unallying system.

Keywords:
Imperium, strategy, timeline, ages, civilisations
Contents

Imperium V2.1 (Map)

Reviews
22:52, 8th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 10
Positive
- Gold mine idea was cool
- Advancement of tech worked well with gameplay
- A multitude of unit types are available that have different uses and can be implemented strategically

Negative
- Terrain wasn't fantastic but fit gameplay
- I wan't able to buy workers after upgrading the primary structure (I played as the middle east)
- My primary structure went from large to medium to small as I upgraded it
- No A.i.
- I understand where you were going with the advancement of technology, but you need to make it so the models go better together. Right now it just looks odd.

Review
A simple but alright altered melee map. I would reccomend fixing some of the smaller errors (the worker glitch I mentioned, icons, model scale, etc.). I think adding another type of combat would really improve the game with the way it's set up (maybe naval warfare?)

JASS:
[hidden="Hidden tag name"]Text like blalballablababllalaabl[/hidden]
And here is BB Code use it to add screnshots, learn how to colorize text etc etc

Edit:

I tried map and I must say that I am disappointed:
Poor terrain, bad models for some buildings, no hints, description ingame, no abilities, spells, heroes, items, Upgrade system looks bad, some models are same for2 different units etc etc...

I can give review if you want, just for you to know what to fix but I will vote for rejection -.-

Last edited:
Level 7
1. I dont think in the middle of a game players care weather or not terrain is good.
2. Care to name examples of bad building models?
3. Hints? There isnt really anything to hint to. Its a simple enough map- everything needed to know is in the title.
4. Descriptions arent my strong suit, ill work on this if/when i have time.
5.There are abillities, just unit ones. I cant really add spells without heroes, and heroes is someting im hesitating to add. No items also fits in with no heroes.
6. Upgrade system looks bad. Before i look into these matters, i want to be sure that there are no gameplay bugs.
7. Yes, same models for different units. I think i did a good job giving most units their own model. Besides, i dont see any units that have the same models.

Go ahead, review. I have never played a multiplayer game of this miself, since i cant host. Because of this i apreciate negative comments or people spotting bugs, keep them coming.

Level 7
Well, since no one else is going to post one, im gonna put my review.

Terrain: Could be better. Make more variation than just trees and cliffs. 2/5.

Gameplay: Good work, the game is fun to play with a constant challange throughout the eras. My only problem here is a lack of heroes, i hope you add that. 4/5.

Story: The map doesnt have much of a backround story, but it gives the ability to make one. Not one of this game's strong suits though. 3/5.

Unit models: A nice variation. While most unit models work well with the unit functions, they sometimes dont fit in well with other custom models. You dont need to import so many models to make a decent map. 3/5.

My overall rating for this is 3/5. Could be better.

Level 22
Information:

As a Reviewer of the Map Reviewers Group, I joined the THW Cleaning Event.
I
end up writing a fast review, or just posting the end state of the map, rating is not always included!

Current State for this map: Rejected

I will contact the moderator to Approve/Reject the map, depending on what you recieved.