• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Assassins v2.1

Reactions: Garfield1337
M.v.L presents:

Assassins

---- Game Modes ----

There are currently 2 game modes:

The first choice is the time of day: Noon or Night this option will affect how many villagers will spawn and the time of day. The second choice is between the life system and the time system. The life system will give each player a number of extra life’s. Each time he dies he will lose one life and when he loses all of his extra life’s he will be defeated. The last player standing will win.
The time system will start a timer. The player will have some time options to choose from. When the timer expires the player
with the most kills will win.

---- Gameplay ----

In the first 10 seconds of the game all players will be invisible and have
a chance to spread over the map. After that player 1 (Red) will be able to choose the game mode. As soon as the game mode has been chosen
Villagers will be spawned. At this time one should notice that there is no difference between the assassins that are player controlled and the villagers
that roam the town
The goal of this game is to kill as many enemy assassins in the map, not to die
and not to kill any villagers. If you kill a villager you will be exposed meaning that everyone will see that you are an assassin. The other assassins will try to kill you then.

Every assassin has 3 abilities:
1.Backstab, this is your main killing ability. Use this if you believe that a villager is an assassin controlled by another player.
2.Crossbow, use this ability to shoot exposed assassins. It has a long range but can only be used on exposed or hasted assassins.
3.Haste, this will give you an extreme speed boost but make you a target for enemy crossbows.

---- Author's Notes ----

• This map is Protected
• Everything posted here can be found in the Game Info (F9)
• This is my first map, so go easy on me.
• This is a fun mod and its sole purpose is to be fun and entertaining.
• I recommend playing this map with 4-6 players to make it the most fun.
• This game may still contain bugs, so if you find any please PM me with the details

wc3scrnshot041410141150.jpg

In this screen you can see what happens if you backstab a villager.
wc3scrnshot041410141204.jpg

Here you can see that everyone on the map looks alike.

---- Credits ----

Map testing help:

-peddda
-F-U2
-Garfield1337
-The222do
-xMystic

People who wrote useful tutorials I used:

-Maxdicapua
-Cheezeman
-Archian
-cooldud3
-Aesthetics
-Ralle

People who created icons or models I used:

-GooS
-The_Silent
-antihero

---- Changelog for v2.1: ----

-More bugs fixed
-Description improved
-Hive description improved
-Screenshots added
---- Changelog for v2.0: ----

-Corrected more spelling errors.
-Fixed many bugs
-Villagers get moved more often
-The gate should be fixed

Keywords:
Assassins, MvL, villagers, backstab, fun, mini, game, exposed
Contents

Assassins v2.1 (Map)

Reviews
17:43, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 20
Well done! I had quite fun playing it with friend :wink:
Though i've found a bug,i was red player and when i died,i respawned with my assassin invisible and he had no abilities - i assume it's intentional that he looks like this just after respawn,but it was permanent.

Level 3
Well done! I had quite fun playing it with friends :wink:
Though i've found a bug,i was red player and when i died,i respawned with my assassin invisible and he had no abilities - i assume it's intentional that he looks like this just after respawn,but it was permanent.

Hmm... wierd.
Could you please give me more info if possible.
Tell me what gamemode you were playing, lives/time ?
and how much time did you set/how many lives did you have?
But thanks for the report.

EDIT:

I think I fixed it.
I will update my map now and add you in the credits!
Thanks for the bug report +rep

Level 1
First of all, great map, I really enjoy playing it with friends. :)

Suggestions:
[] Map bigger (for more players?)
[] New Selectable/Randomized map terrains (to add variety)
[] More units that could be set on or off within game mode (woman, child)
[] Rework haste? (Remove spell animation maybe?) - It is just a free kill to the enemy assassins.
[] Start of the game: Players should get "Host is choosing game mode", "Game mode has been set to [...]", and then the countdown starts. Starting the countdown before doesn't make much sense"
[] Take control of a villager instead of turning invisible to visible when respawning? (I've been killed multiple times for just appearing on the map)
[] Fix the typos. I've encountered many of them. I tried to list them all down here.
[] Fix the gate. There are many villagers that get stuck in it, including human players. - (I've been tricking so much persons with it, lieing that I am stuck in it, and therefore revealing them and killing them)

Other than that, good work.

Typos:
"You will respawan in 5 seconds", there is a typo to respawn.

Skills:
"Backstabs a single unit, ... if you belive it is a assassin", there is a typo to believe.
"Ween used your speed will be doubled", there is a typo to when.
"You will be made visable to the enemy", there is a typo to visible.

Quest Log:
Tips:
"Tipps", it's obviously tips, not with two "p"
"Unless your sure hes an assassin, typo to you are/you're and he's/he is.

Help:
"Kill the most assassins in under 15.00 minutes", not true, depends on the game mode.
If you backstab a villager, ..., witch means you will be", there is a typo to which.
"so be care full", ... careful.

Noon/Night:
"Only selects how many villagers will spawn and", should be something like "It will affect how many villagers will spawn and"
"and the time of the day", might want to change to "and also your range of sight", as you repeat yourself.

Life System:
"Gives extra lives to assassins", might want to rework it to something like "Life system will give assassins a given number of lives. If all lives are used, you lose." (Lives left: ...)

Level 3
First of all, great map, I really enjoy playing it with friends. :)

Suggestions:
[] Map bigger (for more players?)
[] New Selectable/Randomized map terrains (to add variety)
[] More units that could be set on or off within game mode (woman, child)
[] Rework haste? (Remove spell animation maybe?) - It is just a free kill to the enemy assassins.
[] Start of the game: Players should get "Host is choosing game mode", "Game mode has been set to [...]", and then the countdown starts. Starting the countdown before doesn't make much sense"
[] Take control of a villager instead of turning invisible to visible when respawning? (I've been killed multiple times for just appearing on the map)
[] Fix the typos. I've encountered many of them. I tried to list them all down here.
[] Fix the gate. There are many villagers that get stuck in it, including human players. - (I've been tricking so much persons with it, lieing that I am stuck in it, and therefore revealing them and killing them)

Other than that, good work.

Typos:

Fist of all thank you!
I appreciate the feedback.
Ill definitely fix the typos.
Ill also remove the haste animation and the gate.
I've included a trigger that will randomly move villagers on the map,
so I might make this happen more often.
The other ideas a great too, but atm. I don't have much time to map,
but I might see to them later.
That the countdown timer would be moved to the start was already suggested often,
but every time I try to fix it the game gets wierd bugs so Ill not change that.
But thanks again for your feedback.

EDIT:
2.0 is up thanks for all your feedback
Added xMystic to the credits and +rep
Regards,

M.v.L

Last edited:
Level 1
Alright. If you really need me to make up good sentences for your quest log, okay, but I was just giving you ideas. What I typed earlier should not necessarly be copy/paste'd. Hope this clarifies.

"Noon/Night"
The first choice is the time of day: Noon or Night will affect how many villagers will spawn and visibility on the map.

"Life System"
If this mode is chosen, all assassins will receive a given amount of lives. If you die, you lose one life. If all lives are used, you lose. The last man standing wins.

"Time System"
If this mode is chosen, you will have to score the most kills before the timer ends. The player with the highest number of kills at the end of the game wins.

Level 6
This map is realy nice. But i have one bug i need to say: Some times when i die and w8 20sec i got my hero back[respawn] and a text coming up, You will be inviseble for 6sec. But im inviseble for the hole game... Its not fun...

(Sorry for bad eng)

Level 20
This map is realy nice. But i have one bug i need to say: Some times when i die and w8 20sec i got my hero back[respawn] and a text coming up, You will be inviseble for 6sec. But im inviseble for the hole game... Its not fun...

(Sorry for bad eng)

The same bug i reported,look above. If you've played the latest version,then the bug isn't fixed yet.

Level 1
Gate is not completly fixed. One of my friends was able to get stuck in it. (Not exactly inside the gate, but on the terrain/pillar on the right side of it)

I'd say you should allow dead players to spectate (if playing with Life System). Also, the scoreboard should say "Lives remaining" with the correct amount of lives displayed in it. It may be only me, but it does look better put that way.

Level 4
I was trying to figure out a way to make a map like this myself, after seeing an article about a console game around the same basic concept. Great implementation and good map in general.